Custom Barcode Generator & Better Layout Engine for Handling RTL Text in Word Docs
(Apr 13 2015 - 12:35:18 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 15.3.0. This month’s release contains over 138 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes to the Aspose.Words products. Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features and API changes in this month’s release, improvements in the layout engine for handling RTL text, text boxes, cell vertical alignment and others, improvements in import/export for all file formats, Optimized output size of PDF documents for some cases, Document.WarningCallback property can now send you loss of formatting warnings at any time during document lifetime, not only during saving, Fields are now updated inside DrawingML shapes, ShapeRenderer.OpaqueBoundsInPoints returns the “real” shape bounds, improvements in rendering of fills, 3D text effects and others, the DISPLAYBARCODE field is supported now so you can add a custom barcode generator and many more. It also support generating a custom BarCode image for dISPLAYBARCODE field. It also add a new method that inserts content to a document at the current position of DocumentBuilder’s cursor. The Document can raise warnings at any stage of its life cycle. So, to be able to receive all the warnings, a new property was added into DocumentBase class. New property OpaqueBoundsInPoints and method GetOpaqueRectangleInPixels have been added to ShapeRenderer class. They allow getting opaque bounds of the shape in points. Before this option was introduced it had been needed to work with raw pixel data to get this bound. The list of new and improved features added in this release are given below
- Improvements in the layout engine for handling RTL text, text boxes, cell vertical alignment and others.
- Improvements in import/export for all file formats.
- Optimized output size of PDF documents for some cases.
- Document.WarningCallback property can now send you loss of formatting warnings at anytime during document lifetime, not only during saving.
- Fields are now updated inside DrawingML shapes.
- ShapeRenderer.OpaqueBoundsInPoints returns the "real" shape bounds.
- Improvements in rendering of fills, 3D text effects and others.
- The BARCODE field is supported now so you can add a custom barcode generator.
- Add feature to support HTML TextArea tag to load into DOM same as MS Word does
- Aspose.Words corrupts the document when saving from DOCX to WordML
- Support for DISPLAYBARCODE merge field
- Export Content Controls as SDT tags in HTML
- Implement support for new AbsolutePositionTab model node.
- Add feature to implement IWarningCallback for Document.RenderToSize method
- Issue with resizing DrawingML node
- Aspose.Words.FileCorruptedException occurs when specifying password via LoadOptions
- Document.AppendDocument throws System.ArgumentException for cloned documents
- Footer position is changed after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Throw warning using IWarningCallback when an image is unavailable
- Doc to Pdf conversion issue with footer position
- DrawingML shape that simultaneously has 3D effect and others effects is rendered incorrectly (except simultaneous applying three effects - 3D effect, Outer shadow and Reflection)
- Header content does not render correctly in HtmlFixed
- Frames with inline shapes truncated, wrapped incorrectly in a multi-column section
- Consider support of CSS3 paged media attributes
- Page Background specified using picture is not displayed in HTML.
- Space appears between two inline images in HTML output
- Size of image is incorrect after inserting to document.
- document to pdf conversion, shape width increase
- Space between number and text in a heading is incorrect when rendering
- Docx to PDF conversion issue with table
- Table is not being rendered properly during conversion DOC to PNG
- Text formatting issue while converting Docx to Pdf
- Table in footer has incorrect width.
- Docx to PDf conversion issue, text misplaced
- Position of floating DrawingML is incorrect after exporting Docx to HTML
- Bullet symbols in SmartArt are not rendering in Pdf
- Odt tracked changes sorting differ
- Incorrect formatting of slashes in number format of chart axis label.
- Thin line disappear.
- Some TIFF Images are missing after re-saving Doc
- DataColumn doesn't support dataTypes if it was created directly (without ResultSet)
- Too long conversion to png of metafile image with Gradient fill.
- UTF7 Encoding regression.
- Fields in shapes // Aspose.Words does not update SECTIONPAGES fields automatically
- DocumentBuilder.InsertImage lose original size of image
- Doc to Pdf conversion issue with SYMBOL 168
- Doc to RTF conversion issue with TextBox orientation
- Comments indication are shifted to the right in FF/Chrome for the document
- Aspose.Words generated PDF output does not match MS Word
- Aspose.Words corrupts the document when saving from DOCX to WordML
- Bullets are missing from SmartArt when Docx is exported to Pdf/Doc
- Image width/height are not being set correctly in DOCX when aspect ratio is locked
- Text position is changed after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- DrawingML.Width and DrawingML.Height do not work
- Doc to Pdf conversion issue with footer's contents
- Table's header row is missing after re-saving the Doc file
- Position of table's contents are changed after re-saving Doc file
- Document.Save corrupts the Hyperlinks
- Bug whereby comments appear in wrong place when converting RTF to Word format
- The text formatting of DrawingML is lost after converting from Docx to Pdf/HTML
- Text color of DrawingML is lost after conversion from Docx to Pdf/Html/Doc/Docx
- Blue lines appear when converting a flow chart to PDF
- Tab characters are added after re-saving RTF
- Incorrect representation of RTL text in HTML DOM
- Bookmark position is changed after conversion from Doc to Html
- Border should not be visible in Aspose.Words generated output documents
- Some entries of TOC are pushed down to the next page in PDF
- HTML to Docx/Doc issue with left indentation
- Docx to Pdf conversion issue with left indentation of list items
- Issues with table heights in PDF
- Html to Doc/Pdf/Html conversion issue with Arial black font
- ParagraphFormat.LeftIndent return incorrect value
- Incorrect Y position is returned by LayoutEnumerator
- Twip-based attributes with fractional parts rounds up for DOCX or WML.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Inserting content of the Document: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Inserting+Document+Elements
- How to Generate a Custom BarCode Image for DISPLAYBARCODE Field: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to+Generate+a+Custom+BarCode+Image+for+DISPLAYBARCODE+Field
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/word-component.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/word-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066