Formula Calculation in Project Files & Displaying Details Columns in Chart Area
(Apr 02 2015 - 12:37:48 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
We are happy to announce the release of revamped version of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 8.2.0. This month’s release enhances the feature of formula calculation in project documents by implementing function and other calculations. Our last month’s release introduced the feature of Reading and Writing formulas from extended attributes of a project. This was our first effort to provide support for formulae calculation using the API. This month’s release further enhances the feature of formula calculations by providing support for Using Tasks and Resource Fields in Formulae. This month’s release now includes support for using a Task and Resource’s fields in formula calculations. For example, a formula can be set to the display the different of task’s finish and deadline dates. This month’s release provides support for usage of arithmetic expressions, for example ((1+3*(2+-5) + 8/2)^3) in formulae. This allows to set any mathematical expression as formula in the extended attribute definition and get as well as save its calculated value in document. Formula value can not only be set to tasks and resource fields, arithmetic expression, and task number fields, but also to Boolean values from the project. This sets the formula to various project/tasks’s Boolean parameters that are then calculated at run-time. This month’s release also introduces a new feature of evaluating various functions defined as formula expression in Extended Attributes. These include Calculation of Mathematical Functions, Calculation of Mathematical Functions, Calculation of Text Functions and Calculation of Date/Time Functions. This month’s release also introduces a new feature of rendering Details column in the MPP to the output using the project view’s DisplayDetailsHeaderColumn property. This includes the list of supported fields such as Work, Actual Work, Actual Overwork time, Baseline Work and Baseline 1-10 Work. This month’s release also includes a number of bug fixes that further improves the overall API functionality. These include issues with Timephasedata from MPP file, Exceptions raised while reading and saving certain MPP files, Issues with Task’s GUIDs in MPP 2013 formats, Wrong start and finish dates while creating manual tasks and many more. Bellows is the list of new and enhanced features included in this new release.
- Display Details columns in chart area
- Formula calculation and evaluation of functions in formulas have been implemented.
- cost usage fields rendering in Details Column according to Usage Details settings
- Implement Task and Resource work/cost/number fields calculation in expressions
- Implement Task and Resource DateTime/boolean fields calculation in expressions
- Implement calculation of Project fields in expressions
- Implement calculation of Math functions
- Implement calculation of Text functions
- Implement calculation of Date/Time functions
- Display Details columns in chart area
- Not correct reading "timephased data" from .mpp file
- Summary Task removed by Aspose.Tasks while saving the MPP again
- Exception raised while reading the attached MPP
- Project.Save raises KeyNotFoundException
- Manual Start and Manual Finish dates are read incorrectly for Manual task in mpp 2010 format
- MSP shows wrong assignment units for material resources
- Resource Assignments change task duration to 0
- Wrong timephased data for the assignment
- GUIDs are overwritten in MPP file
- Duration set to Empty and Summary tasks duration not calculated automatically
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Rendering Task Usage View: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Rendering+Task+Usage+View
- Working with Formulas: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Working+with+Formulas
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical .NET Project management component that enables .NET applications to read, write and manage Project documents without utilizing Microsoft Project. With Aspose.Tasks you can read and change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations and calendars. Aspose.Tasks is a very mature product that offers stability and flexibility. As with all of the Aspose file management components, Aspose.Tasks works well with both WinForm and WebForm applications.
More about Aspose.Tasks for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/project-management-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
- Demos of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.tasks/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://docs.aspose.com:8082/docs/display/tasksnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Tasks for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.tasks-for-.net/96/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Tasks for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066