Raster Images Dithering Mechanism & Auto-Rotation of JPEG Images are Enhanced
(Mar 31 2015 - 08:42:18 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.8.0. The dithering process is now more optimized and predictable. All you need to do is use the newly exposed RasterImage.Dither method instead of creating & setting DitheringSettings and RawDitheringMethod properties as we used to do with previous revisions of Aspose.Imaging for .NET API. Upon calling the RasterImage.Dither method the dithering is performed right in-place and you can then review the dithered results by loading pixels or raw data. The RasterImage.Dither method accepts two parameters where first parameter is of type DitheringMethod with two possible options, that are; FloydSteinbergDithering and ThresholdDithering. The second parameter to RasterImageDither method is the BitCount in integer. BitCount defines the sampling size for the dithering result. The allowed values are 1, 4, 8 generating palettes with 2, 4 and 256 colors respectively. In order to facilitate the users and to avoid the miss-configuration of the TiffOptions instance, the Aspose.Imaging for .NET API has exposed another constructor for that TiffOptions class that accepts a parameter of type TiffExpectedFormat. Based on the selected value from the TiffExpectedFormat enumeration, the API auto configures all the mandatory properties for the TiffOptions instance in order to produce the desired results. Please check the possible values of TiffExpectedFormat parameter and their details at TiffOptions’ Configurations. This is a long awaited feature that will surely ease the developer’s life who wish to auto-rotate the Jpeg images to correct the orientation. Most digital cameras stores the orientation information along with the image data as EXIF tags of the JEPG images. Aspose.Imaging APIs use this information to perform the auto rotation on the Jpeg images to correct the orientation. The main new and improved features added in this release are listed below
- Compression Schemes for PNG File Format
- Auto Correct the Orientation of a JPEG Image
- Add support of multiline object during Cad -> Pdf export
- Jpeg2000 support
- TiffImageException: Cannot decode strip 0. Details: Cannot perform 2d decoding. Missing changes from previous row, at TiffFrame.Save
- Watermark corrupts image data
- Incorrect palette for dithered GIF images
- Conversion of Jpeg to Tiff results in black image
- Incorrect crop result of png image.
- Loading JPEG image throws System.IndexOutOfRangeException
- Optimize dithering process
- Re-saving the TIFF image with Jpeg Compression renders the result in strange colors
- Re-saving the TIFF image with default settings renders in black n white
- Incorrect TIFF is produced after reloading
- CAD to PDF renders blank page with CadRasterizationOptions.Layouts all layouts of the DWG
- CAD to PDF does not render everything from the CAD layout to PDF
- Improve deflate unpack to process corrupted packed data.
- Fix in markers for jpeg images with rgb color mode
- Loading a Tiff and saving its fames to another Tiff renders the image in Black n White
- Crop for GIF works incorrectly
- ImageSaveException: Non-negative number required. Parameter name: srcOffset. while saving PNG to GIF
- Duplication of watermarks during image processing.
- Saved tiff file throws exception on opening.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Imaging for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Imaging for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Auto Correct Orientation of JPEG Images: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingnet/Auto+Correct+Orientation+of+JPEG+Images
- Tiff Options Configuration: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingnet/TiffOptions+Configuration
Overview: Aspose.Imaging for .NET
Aspose.Imaging for .NET is an image processing & manipulation component that allows developers to create, edit, draw or convert images in their .NET application. It allows developers to convert image files to PSD, BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and GIF formats. Moreover a set of pens, brushes and fonts can be used to draw images or add new elements & text to existing images. Aspose.Imaging for .NET works well with both web & windows applications. Moreover, it adds the support for Silverlight platform.
More about Aspose.Imaging for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Imaging for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/imaging-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Imaging for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.imaging-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online documentation Aspose.Imaging for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingnet/Home
- Demos of Aspose.Imaging for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.imaging/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Imaging for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.imaging-product-family/498/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Imaging for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose.imaging-product-family.html
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066