Word Document Comparison, Multi Line Text Rendering in SmartArt & Charts
(Mar 16 2015 - 12:20:09 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 15.2.0. This month’s release contains over 127 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes to the Aspose.Words products. Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features and API changes in this month’s release, Document comparison feature is introduced, see Document.Compare, DrawingML API breaking changes (Shape and DrawingML classes merged into Shape), Implemented text justification for multiline WordArt objects, Implemented multi line text rendering in DrawingML text boxes, SmartArt and charts, Middle East languages are now rendered correctly in SmartArt and charts, Improved positioning of comment’s balloons during rendering and improved vertical text inside text boxes during rendering . We have added Document.Compare Method in Aspose.Words 15.2.0 which compares this document with another document producing changes as number of edit and format revisions Revision. However, StructuredDocumentTag and CustomXmlMarkup document nodes are not compared at the moment. Also, Documents must not have Revisions before comparison. Fix of WORSDNET-10305 has changed behavior of layout collector class. It will not automatically update fields in the document. If user wants field updations, then this can be achieved by adding Document.UpdateFields Method after the call to layout collector class constructor. Aspose.Words introduces new API changes to make your life easier during working with graphic objects. The hugest one is removing DrawingML from the API. Now you do not need to think about graphic object markup language, Vml or DrawingML, now both of them are available through the Shape or GroupShape object in Aspose.Words document model. Previously to loop through all single graphic objects inside your document you have to loop through two different collections of Shapes and DrawingMLs, but now everything is much easier, you need just one collection, which already contains all graphics. However, if you still need to find out the shape markup language, you can do it using public property Shape.MarkupLanguage, and depending on shape, you will get ShapeMarkupLanguage.Dml or ShapeMarkupLanguage.Vml. The list of new and improved features added in this release are given below
- Docx to Pdf conversion issue with DML text
- Rework DocumentBuilder.InsertImage to insert DrawingML instead of VML
- Expose ShapeType property for DrawingML
- Add feature to get/set Shape height/width when it is in GroupShape
- Expose Font property for DrawingML same as Shape.Font
- Add feature to import page-break-before (-after, -inside) for Div tag
- Shape position is changed after conversion from Doc to Pdf
- Textboxes are misplaced in PDF
- Expose Fill, FillColor and Filled properties for DraingML objects
- Add a capability of document comparison
- Add feature to compare documents
- Expose shape properties in DrawingML objects
- Expose border of DrawingML
- Expose HorizontalAlignment property for DrawingML
- /vertical text/ TextBox's Vertical TextDirection is not preserved when rendering
- Position of Straight Connector Line Shape is not preserved in fixed formats
- Support of Alt Text Title property in DrawingML
- Expose FillColor/Fill properties for DrawingML
- Incorrect position of shapes relative to rotated text
- Invalidate DrawingML fallback upon changing DrawingML.
- Refine detection of Asian typography for RTF format
- Create public common facade class for DrawingMLs and Shapes.
- A Table Row truncates from the end of page in PDF
- Word table data truncated in PDF
- Roll back unneeded (FIX WORDSNET-10998) changes when we're ready to generate fallback dynamically.
- TestJira11120 axis labels are rotated improperly.
- Improve comment balloon positioning on the page
- Improve comment balloon truncation logic
- Text is lost after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Rtf to Docx issue with comment's date
- Docx to Pdf conversion issue with text rendering
- Some problem with row heights when cell contains an image.
- Updating deeply nested fields takes too long
- Consider inserting images as DrawingML.
- Image is moved to previous page and truncated upon rendering.
- Doc to Html conversion issue with image quality.
- Axis labels are partially visible under user shapes.
- Text outline and other formatting of DrawingML is not preserved during rendering/printing
- OOXML Text Effects // Font color of DrawingML TextBoxes is not preserved in fixed page formats
- Hebrew text in SmartArt is rendered in reverse order after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Center middle alignment of image in table cell is not preserved in PDF
- Mail Merge field formatting issue with ZeroPattern and zero value
- Scaling the image causes text to exceed right page edge in PNG
- Pixel added to width or height of a shape.
- Signature issue while converting Docx to Pdf
- Update JavaDoc to new jdk1.6 baseline.
- Java-style Date and Number formatting in Reporting Engine.
- Css Tokenizer Performance stress-test. Performance
- Second line of Multi-line text in DrawingML is not visible in fixed page formats
- LayoutCollector.GetStartPageIndex method incorrectly updates FILENAME value
- Vertical spacing between lines in DrawingML is not preserved and multi-line text is transformed to single line in PDF DocumentBuilder.Font formatting is incorrectly applied using 14.8.0
- Multi-line text in SmartArt objects render on a single line in PDF
- A PageBreak is not preserved during open/save a WordML document
- Content removed during open/save a DOCX Bug
- Merge fields in text boxes lose values after conversion to PDF
- DrawingML looks incorrect after rendering with DmlRenderingMode.DrawingML set.
- Hebrew text is reversed after conversion from Docx to Pdf/Png/Docx
- Image is moving up toward the cell top after the document merge
- Infinite loop when converting a document with a floating table in a vertically merged cell to pdf
- Put name of Word document in FILENAME field in PDF
- Cannot insert a node of this type at this location - for doc with chart and shape
- Percian words in Chart are broken when rendering to PDF
- Left indent of table is changed after re-saving RTF
- Warnings is being generated during open/save a DOC
- Corrupted pdf is saved by OleFormat.Save
- Issue with converting Word Textbox to PDF
- Open/save document Corrupted for Office 2007
- Aspose.Words halts during loading a DOCX
- Load document takes much time (endless loop)
- AcceptAllRevisions does not accept all tracked changes in the document
- UpdatePageLayout loses DrawingML text modifications
- Docx to Ps conversion issue with apostrophe rendering
- TOC displays "No table of contents entries found" message in genereted output
- Textboxes overlap in generated MHTML
- COMPARE field return incorrect value if one of expression contain "*"
- Arabic text inside DrawingML node does not render correctly
- Horizontal Axis Chart Data is truncated in PDF
- Barchart in the pdf file looks very different to the docx file
- Document.UpdateFields changes the position of DrawingML
- MailMerge.Execute does not merge fields inside header
- Docx to Pdf conversion issue with list number formatting
- Mail merge field formatting issue with \# x###
- Word Quick Parts Are displaying incorrectly in the converted PDF file
- Html to Doc/Docx conversion issue with base64 images
- Odt checkbox issue with output Pdf/Docx/Odt
- Stacked Column Charts are rendering incorrectly
- Second page is missing during rendering.
- Do not output borders of empty Runs when export to HTML.
- Position of Textbox is incorrect during rendering.
- Headers/Footers are placed on wrong pages
- Position of frame is changed during rendering.
- Image is moved to the next page upon rendering.
- DrawingML.Width is not changing the width of DML
- Contents of DrawingML are truncated after conversion from Docx to fixed file format
- SmartArt Text is lost after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- DrawingML.Height does not work while re saving Docx
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to Compare Two Word Documents: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to+Compare+Two+Word+Documents
- How to Insert Barcode on each Page of a Document: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to+Insert+Barcode+on+each+Page+of+a+Document
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/word-component.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/word-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066