Barcode Image Printing, OSGi Metadata Reading & Improved Barcode Scanning
(Feb 15 2015 - 11:22:44 PM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The new version of Aspose.BarCode for Java 6.5.0 has been released. This new release has added support of OSGi metadata to Aspose.BarCode for Java jars. The OSGi metadata enables jars to be used in the OSGi modular environment and be an OSGi Bundle. It also addresses the recognition performance, time and memory consumption issues, and brings overdue updates to resolve issues reported in the Aspose forums. Aspose.BarCode for Java 6.5.0 has exposed two new methods for the printing of barcode image. In this regard, BarCodeBuilder.setPrinterName method allows to set the output printing source by accepting a string parameter and BarCodeBuilder.print method gives printing command to the printer. We had missed this feature support in the last few releases. It was due to the new modification to the code base. Previously, users were facing issues in the code text alignment and 2D text display feature was not working properly. In this new version, we have managed to fix such issues. Now, the code text caption alignment settings and BarCodeBuilder.Display2DText method work properly. Our development team is working hard to improve the reading capability, scanning performance and accurate detection of the several barcode types. In last few releases, we have added a remarkable progress. Below is the list of main improved features and bug fixes added in this release.
- Add OSGi metadata to Jar files
- JavaDoc API for BarCodeBuilder class differs from actual API
- builder.getCaptionBelow().setTextAlign method does not work as expected
- The code text of the bar code is not in the middle.
- BarCodeBuilder.print method is not available
- Recognition performance issue with Code128 barcode
- Test PDF417 image (PkDecode.jpg)
- Unable to recognize Code128 symbol
- BarcodeBuilder.Display2DText does not work in Java
- Recognize GS1 Databar barcodes
- Code93 recognition problem
- Code128 Barcode is not recognized in jpg image.
- Code39 symbology is not recognized in tif image
- Whitespace requirement around barcodes
- BarCodeRecognition Orientation Test: 3 symbols got recognized from a total of 6
- Unable to scan barcodes from a multipage tiff
- Default resolution does not change when creating barcodes
- code39 image recognition issue
- Location of above caption was not correct for AZTEC barcode
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.BarCode for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.BarCode for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Printing a BarCode Image: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/barcodejava/Printing+a+BarCode+Image
- Save Barcode Images to Different Formats: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/barcodejava/Save+Barcode+Images+to+Different+Formats
Overview: Aspose.BarCode for Java
Aspose.BarCode is a Java based visual component for generation & recognition of 1D & 2D barcodes to support Java, web applications and J2ME platform. It supports 29+ barcode symbologies like MSI, QR, OneCode, Australia Post, Aztec, Code128, Code11, EAN128, Codabar, Postnet, USPS and also supports image output in GIF, PNG, BMP & JPG formats. Other features include barcode size & color settings, rotation angle & caption. You can render barcodes to images, printers, HTTP servlet response & graphical objects too.
More about Aspose.BarCode for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.BarCode for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/barcode-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.BarCode for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.barcode-for-java/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.BarCode for Java: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/barcodejava/Home
- Demos of Aspose.BarCode for Java: http://www.aspose.com/demos/java-components/aspose.barcode/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.BarCode for Java Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.barcode-product-family/193/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.BarCode for Java blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.barcode-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066