Export Reports with Large Data Sets & Fit to Page While Exporting Excel Report
(Feb 09 2015 - 10:47:10 PM
) - [print blog
What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services 2.2.0 has been released. This release contains some useful enhancements. It contains over 40 fixes and other improvements, including Fit to Pages feature while rendering MS Excel reports. In this release, we have optimized the performance of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services when rendering and exporting Microsoft Excel files. In this release, several important issues have been addressed. For example, issues around, saving and publishing reports, duplicate worksheets, missing contents, named ranges, encrypting files, grouping rows and columns, formatting cells, indentation and character spacing have been resolved. We have also enhanced the performance when exporting reports with large data sets. The new version includes some other important fixes against certain issues such as custom UI Runtime Error in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client.xlam, Aspose.Cells for RS gives Run-time error ’429' on Excel 2013, Wrap Text not working using Aspose.Cells for Reporting, exporting a report fails – “Could not find any recognizable digits.” error occurred, wrap Text not working using Aspose.Cells for Reporting, export from SSRS is taking very long and returning an error, the header seems to be missing when setting HisOption as 2 and Row groupings are lost in the rendered XLSX file format. This release includes plenty of new and improved features as listed below
- Fit to Page feature for exporting Excel report
- Export from SSRS is taking very long and returning an error
- Export to Excel Error - same worksheet name already exists
- After setting HisOption as 2 then clicking the cell ignores the rs:Format parameter when opening the hyperlink into the browser
- The header seems to be missing when setting HisOption as 2
- Integrity Index by Demo: Text is cutting
- Integrity Index by Demo: Top header row is missing
- Action Plan Tracking Report: Indentation of text in first column is not coming
- Action Plan Tracking Report: Placement of Column Header on Action Plan Tracking Report is incorrect for FY 15 and header for FY14 is missing
- Integrity Index Report: Indentation of text in first column is not coming
- Integrity Index Report: Header is not merging
- Integrity Index Report: Text is not completely visible in the cells
- Cover Page Report: Current Date is not displayed
- Cover Page Report: Space between the first line and second line is very less
- Cover Page Report: Image is distorted
- Dashboard Report - Engagement Impact Area text should be in BOLD in the fourth quad
- Dashboard Report - Special characters are being displayed incorrectly on Quad 1 of Dashboard. For eg: " is being display instead of
- Dashboard Engagement Score Report - Text not clearly visible in many reports.
- Item Impact Analysis Report - Gray color background is appearing in first column.
- Item Impact Analysis Report - Space on the top of report, between the title and table is more and spaces between the two headings on the top is less.
- Integrity Index Report - Report is not getting export in XLSX, giving error : "An error occurred while exporting the report."
- Dashboard Report - In the fourth quad there is a lot of space between the text and the improve, sustain & monitor categories.
- Dashboard Report - Engagement score should be in BOLD in the third quad.
- No Document Map in Aspose.Cells 2.1.0
- Is it possible to auto create "defined names"?
- Exception occurring on export - Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.
- Excel Encryption Issue
- A lot of space being displayed between paragraph and table
- Dashboard 4th quadrant height should be similar to 3rd quadrant
- Wrapping issue - text are cutting
- Excel unreadable content popup on the MDX_ItemImpactAnalysis RDL Export
- Formatting issues in Dashboard RDL Export
- Error rendering document map
- "Excel found unreadable content..." popup occuring in the reports which are using sub reports
- Visible grouped rows set hidden in the exported Excel file (XLSX)
- Row groupings are lost in the rendered XLSX file format
- Exception occuring: Unknown image format:Parameter is not valid.
- Wrap Text not working using Aspose.Cells for Reporting
- Exporting a report fails - "Could not find any recognizable digits." error occured
- Custom UI Runtime Error in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client.xlam
- Aspose.Cells for RS gives Run-time error '429' on Excel 2013 (Windows 8)
- Saving and Publishing Aspose Cells SSRS report fail
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Render All Report Chart Items to Excel Charts: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsreportingservices/Render+All+Report+Chart+Items+to+Excel+Charts
- Render Selected Chart Items to Excel Charts: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsreportingservices/Render+Selected+Chart+Items+to+Excel+Charts
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services allows you to export native Excel reports in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. Unlike the built-in renderer for Excel based reports, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services provides an extended feature set and allows RDL reports to be converted to: Excel 97-2003 binary XLS format, SpreadsheetML or the Excel2007 XLSX format. With Aspose.Cells Report Designer tool, users can design & deliver reports into MS Excel directly without using Visual Studio IDE.
More about Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services
- Homepage of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/reporting-services/excel-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.cells-for-reporting-services/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.cells-for-reporting-services/index.html
- Demos of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/demos/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.cells/demo.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services:
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.cells-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066