Aspose.Newsletter February 2015: Working with Word Docs in Cloud & Much More
(Feb 02 2015 - 09:53:16 PM
) - [print blog
Aspose Newsletter for February 2015 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java, SharePoint components, Android & REST APIs. It also includes information about working with word documents in the Cloud, Support for WordArt and DrawingML in Excel Worksheets, Rendering Charts as Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Now Available in Aspose.Cells, comparing Aspose.Cells for Java to Apache POI, HTML5 PDF Editor Showcases Aspose.Pdf for .NET & much more.
Working with Word Documents in the Cloud?
Aspose.Words for Cloud is a platform independent REST API that enables developers working in the cloud to manipulate Word documents using any language: .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, Rails, Python, jQuery and many more. Start a free Trial: http://www.aspose.com/cloud/word-api.aspx
Aspose.Words Extends Support for WordArt and DrawingML
Aspose.Words now features a new reporting engine that supports LINQ method syntax in report templates. There are many improvements related to quality and performance of rendering DrawingML, WordArt, linked textboxes, connected shapes, floating tables, right-to-left and Asian languages. Read More: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-words-product-family.html
Rendering Charts as Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Now Available in Aspose.Cells
Aspose.Cells provides the ability to export charts in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format, an XML-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics which supports integration and animation. SVG has many benefits including that it can result in a reduced image size, especially when compressed, and has the ability to maintain crisp details at various zoom levels. SVG is quickly gaining support with most modern web browsers. Find out what else is new: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-cells-product-family.html
Aspose.Tasks 8.0.0 features a revamped API
Aspose.Tasks for .NET 8.0.0 has a completely overhauled API. The new API provides all the functionality supported by the legacy API and is easier to use. Some features of the new API includes an improved API architecture, generic methods for collections, and static classes for each collection type. Find out more: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-tasks-product-family.html
Comparing Aspose.Cells for Java to Apache POI
We’ve developed a number of projects that allow developers to compare Aspose APIs to other APIs on the market. One of these compares Aspose.Cells for Java to Apache POI SS (HSSF + XSSF). The latest version of the project gives examples of Microsoft Excel features that only Aspose supports. Read the article: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-cells-product-family/archive/2014/11/27/examples-of-aspose.cells-code-comparisons-with-apache-poi-ss-hssf-xssf-now-available-in-netbeans-ide.html
HTML5 PDF Editor Showcases Aspose.Pdf for .NET
To illustrate the power of Aspose.Pdf for .NET, we have created an HTML5 Pdf editor. It lets you open and edit Adobe Pdf files online. You can open files from disk or Dropbox. To try it out, download the source code. Read more: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-pdf-product-family/archive/2015/01/07/fill-pdfs-forms-manage-pdf-attachments-using-html5-pdf-editor-by-aspose-for-.net-2.2.0.html
Updates about new product releases
1. Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
2. Aspose.Words for .NET 14.12.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx - upport for Shape Connectors, Improvements in Tight Wrapping, Overlapped and Nested Floating Objects, and much more.
3. Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.9.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/default.aspx - Identify image type within PDF, extract table border and on the fly resource optimization, and fixes.
4. Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.10.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx - WordArt Rendering and Improved HTML Export and other enhancements and fixes.
5. Aspose.BarCode for .NET 6.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/default.aspx – Introduces Patch Code Encoding and Windows Embedded Compact Support, and other improvements.
6. Aspose.Tasks for .NET 8.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx – Features a revamped API for ease of use and understanding.
7. Aspose.Email for .NET 4.9.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx - Supports sending Outlook task requests.
8. Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.imaging-for-.net/default.aspx – Support for converting AutoCAD Drawings to PDF and other image formats, and other fixes.
9. Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.total-for-java/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Java products.
10. Aspose.Words for Java 14.11.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx - Support for Shape Connectors, Improvements in Tight Wrapping, Overlapped and Nested Floating Objects, and much more.
11. Aspose.Pdf for Java 9.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.pdf-for-java/default.aspx – PDF to DOC conversion and PDF to MHTML conversion and a number of fixes.
12. Aspose.Slides for Java 14.10.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.slides-for-java/default.aspx – Support for adding Layouts and WordArt rendering, and much more.
13. Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.tasks-for-java/default.aspx – Render to PNG, JPG, and BMP bug fixes.
14. Aspose.Email for Java 4.9.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.email-for-java/default.aspx – Send Tasks request and support for email protocols SMTP, POP3 and IMAP, and fixes.
15. Aspose.Diagram for Java 4.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/diagram-java/default.aspx – Various enhancements and fixes to improve shape management.
16. Aspose.Imaging for Java 2.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.imaging-for-java/default.aspx – Support for AutoCAD 2004 DWG format, data recovery from TIFFs and various fixes.
17. Aspose.Total for Cloud: http://www.aspose.com/cloud/total-api.aspx – RTF compression implemented, and other enhancements.
18. Aspose.Total for Android: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.total-for-android/default.aspx – all the latest versions of our Android APIs.
19. Aspose.Cells for Android 8.3.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.cells-for-android/default.aspx – Get equation text of chart trend line and retrieve workbook state and other enhancements
20. Aspose.Pdf for Android 1.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.pdf-for-android/default.aspx – Support of TIFF, adder Pdf Viewer façade, and fixes.
21. Aspose.Total for SharePoint: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.total-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
22. Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.total-for-reporting-services/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
23. Aspose.Total for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose-total-for-jasperreports/default.aspx – The latest versions of our JasperReports products.
24. Aspose.Words for JasperReports 2.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.words-for-jasperreports/default.aspx – Support for JasperReports 5.6.x and 6.0.x
25. Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports 1.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.pdf-for-jasperreports/default.aspx – Support for custom fonts and compatibility with latest JasperReports.
Supporting User Groups and Conferences
In February Aspose is sponsoring a number of user groups and upcoming events, including:
• 10-12 March: Devnexus 2015, Atlanta, GA
• 24-26 March: DevWeek 2015, London, UK
Would you like us to sponsor your user group? Get in contact: email@example.com
ATTENTION: Aspose is no Longer Accepting Checks.
As part of our paperless initiative, Aspose will no longer accept payments by check. We do accept payments by credit card or wire transfer. If your business is unable to pay by wire or credit card, then please visit with a local reseller, as they may be able to accommodate payment by check. Please see No Checks Policy for more details: http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/policies/no-checks-policy.aspx
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, February 2015 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2015/01/31/19719.html
- Collect the Japanese version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/newsletter-2/archive/2015/01/31/aspose.words-for-cloud-%E3%81%AE%E7%B4%B9%E4%BB%8B%E3%81%A8%E3%81%9D%E3%81%AE%E4%BB%96%E3%81%AE%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9-2015%E5%B9%B4-2%E6%9C%88.html
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Follow us on Google+: https://plus.google.com/b/117307915172523133796/117307915172523133796/posts
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspose/21217093093
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066