Public API for Specifying Text Effects & New Mode of Handling Styles
(Jan 18 2015 - 10:31:43 PM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 14.12.0. This month’s release contains over 103 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes. Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features and API changes in this month’s release. WordArt rendering does not rely on GDI+ now and supported on .NET, Mono and Java, new mode of handling styles during Import via public ImportFormatMode.KeepDifferentStyles Public API for specifying text effects for Revisions during rendering to fixed formats, Shape connectors supported, improved tight wrapping mode for floating objects, Improved rendering of overlapped and nested floating objects, enhanced inter-characters spacing calculation for Asian documents with kerning, improved text direction detection for documents with missing RTL attributes, hyperlinks on shapes and text inside textboxes are exported correctly to HTML and many more. We have introduced a new KeepDifferentStyles option in ImportFormatMode which can be used to only copy styles that are different from those in the source document. This option allows to reuse destination styles if the formatting they provide is identical to the styles in the source document. If the style in destination document is different from the source then it is imported. For output ODT documents, Aspose.Words now supports the following OpenDocument versions:
- ‘office:version = “1.1?‘ is specified when ‘ OdtSaveOptions.IsStrictSchema11 = true’
- ‘office:version = “1.2?‘ is specified when ‘ OdtSaveOptions.IsStrictSchema11 = false’
PageHorizontalAlignment and PageMargins properties are added to HtmlFixedSaveOptions Class in this new release. This flag allows to specify how numbered list items are recognized when document is imported from plain text format. The default value is true. This property is used only when loading plain text documents. If set to true, lists recognition algorithm allows list numbers to end with either dot or whitespace character. If this option is set to false then the list item is only recognized as such if the leading number is ending with dot "." symbol. The list of new and improved features added in this release are given below
- Provide an option to specify horizontal alignment of Page in HtmlFixed format
- Add feature to sign Word document using JKS keystore type
- Add feature to set markup for insert and delete revisions
- /asian kerning/ Aspose.Words renders content in two lines in PDF
- Add feature to set markup for move revisions
- Add feature to remove "margin: 10pt auto 10pt auto;" from a CSS when is exported to HtmlFixed
- Support hyphenation option "Hyphenation zone"
- Alignment of OfficeMath is lost after conversion from Docx to Pdf/Doc
- Import BDO element
- Consider adding a new import format mode which only creates a new style when conflicting styles are different
- Express: Consider adding an option to control how formatting is applied in internal HTML (CSS)
- Connected shapes will disconnect
- /omath default alignment/ Horizontal space between OfficeMath nodes is not preserved in fixed formats
- Support Glossary / AutoText / QuickParts in model and all formats
- /equation alignment/ OfficeMath equations are rendering at the left page edge in pdf
- /equation alignment/ Alignments of OfficeMath equations are not preserved in fixed page formats
- A WordArt is not preserved in PDF when rendering on Mono 188.8.131.52
- Add feature to save the document to OpenDocument v1.2
- Problems with template names containing the "}" character
- Logo is printed twice in DOCX to PDF conversion
- Image position is changed after conversion from ODT to PDF
- /field result filtering/ Footnote repeats and comment is duplicated at REF field in PDF
- Table layout is incorrect during HTML import.
- Footnote is positioned incorrectly during rendering.
- Picture switches does not work as expected in Dutch culture.
- Unicode supplemental characters are not preserved during open/save a DOC
- Dml Shadow Effects are smaller on Java.
- Workaround for ZipInputStream bug/peculiarity for some types of encrypted ODT documents.
- Font formatting of generated DOC is not correct when importing from RTF
- Docx-HTML-Docx : Author details for all inserts and deletes revision become unknown
- Links on Shapes don't work when exported to HTML
- Some characters garbled during converting RTF to DOC
- Footer content overlaps during rendering to PDF
- A Drawing partially renders byond the right page edge in PDF
- A picture in header goes behind a Table in PDF
- background-color style does not reflected in output document
- Content position is changed after re-saving Docx
- Document.UpdateFields does not update the formula field
- A VML grouped shape is rendered incorrectly on conversion to pdf, docx
- Table cell (0,0) is having number ZERO in PDF
- Equations not correctly rendered in generated PDF
- Body content layout is disturbed because of a DML in header
- Horizontal Category Axis are not rendering correctly in PDF
- Aspose.Words inserting additional periods after numbers in the content while importing from TXT
- Position of Math equation is changed after re-saving RTF
- Doc to Pdf conversion issue with hebrew text
- Object type has changed from Worksheet object to Packager Shell Object
- InsertOleObject change the size of OLE object
- System.IndexOutOfRangeException is thrown while converting Docx to Doc/Pdf
- A Section Break is inserted during open/save a DOC
- Aspose.Word loads numbers as List items of Txt file
- Docx to Pdf conversion issue with text rendering
- Document.UpdateFields does not update SUM(ABOVE) correctly
- Incorrect header font imported from RTF.
- Merge fields are not merged when document is saved to Pdf
- DocumentBulder.InsertImage does not insert a SVG
- Docx to Html conversion issue with image position
- Words in RTF overlaps when converting to Image
- Hyperlink in textbox does not work when exporting to HTML
- Run.Font.Bold return incorrect value
- Shadow of text in DrawingML text box is not preserved in PDF
- Doc to Pdf conversion issue with text position
- 'Allow Spacing between cells' option of a Table is not preserved during open/save a DOC
- The DrawingML text is rotated after converting from Docx to Pdf
- PDF readers are unable to open a Aspose.Words generated PDF
- Word 2013 is unable to open a Aspose.Words generated DOCX
- Mail merge does not work if fields are inside DrawingML
- Page breaks are lost when converting from .odt to .docx
- Double or triple space after full stop or colon change to single space.
- Document.AcceptAllRevisions removes bullet numbers in output HTML
- Document.AcceptAllRevisions removes bullet numbers in output Pdf
- Part of content is moved to the previous page during rendering.
- RowFormat.HeadingFormat is not preserved during Docx to Html to Docx roundtrip
- Table border is lost during converting a MHTML to Pdf Bug
- Shading effect of text inside textbox is not preserved in PDF
- Aspose.Words load the rtf font incorrectly.
- A Table is not visible in Pdf
- Arrow shape connection in flow chart is lost during open/save a DOC
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to Apply Different AutoFit Settings to a Table: http://docs.aspose.com:8082/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to++Apply+Different+AutoFit+Settings+to+a+Table
- How to Save Document as a Multipage TIFF: http://docs.aspose.com:8082/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to++Save+Document+as+a+Multipage+TIFF
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/word-component.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/word-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066