Use Custom Fonts When Exporting Reports from JasperReports & JasperServer to PDF
(Jan 15 2015 - 11:04:13 PM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
We are pleased to announce the long awaited version of Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports 1.4.0. It provides the capability to use custom fonts when exporting JasperReports to PDF format. In order to use custom fonts, we added setTruetypeFontDirectoryPath(String) method to JrPdfExporter class which is used to specify the path of the folder where custom fonts are placed. In order to access an appropriate font, correct font name should be provided, and in order to use Bold/Italic/BoldItalic variant of these fonts, respective font must be present. For example for the font “Consolas” it is consola.ttf, consolab.ttf, consolai.ttf, consolaz.ttf. The font can be configured in *.jrxml file as < font fontName="Consolas"> or can be replaced by using fontMap. The latest release is synchronized with latest JasperReport version 5.6.0 and JasperReports v.5.6.1. For compatibility with new versions of JasperReports, we have created a new package named com.aspose.pdf.jr5_6_0. However the name of the package must be considered when setting up the connection library in Jasperreport-Server in files applicationContext.xml and viewReportBeans.xml. Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports offers exciting report features such as tables, charts and images and enables you to export reports from JasperReports and JasperServer to Portable Document Format (PDF). In this release, there have been other fixes related to component. Below is the list of main new and enhanced features added in this release
- Use of custom fonts
- Synchronization with JasperReports-5.6.0 and higher
- Exceptions resolved ,with jasperreports-5.6.0
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Pdf for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Integration with JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfjasperreports/integration+with+jasperreports
- Sample Reports Gallery: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfjasperreports/Sample+Reports+Gallery
Overview: Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports
Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports is a flexible Java component designed to export reports from JasperReports and JasperServer to Portable Document Format (PDF) with high fidelity and identical to the report design. Its engine supports many chart layouts, such as Pie, Bar, Stacked Bar, Line, Area, Scatter Plot, Bubble, and Time series. All report features, including charts, tables, images and more, are converted to PDF with the highest degree of precision. It also supports the .jrxml specification.
More about Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports
-Homepage of Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/jasperreports/pdf-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports at: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.pdf-for-jasperreports/default.aspx
- Feature Overview of Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports :
- Read online documentation of Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports at: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfjasperreports/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.pdf-product-family/20/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports blog at: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.pdf-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066