Print PDF Documents, Convert TIFF Images to PDF & Vice Versa in Android Apps
(Jan 12 2015 - 12:32:22 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
Aspose development team is excited to announce the release of Aspose.Pdf for Android 1.5.0. It provides some great new features and enhancements in API, which are natively not supported by Android platform. Rendering of PDF files to various image formats (raster images) has been supported by Aspose.Pdf for Java for quite some time and as Aspose.Pdf for Android is developed on top of Aspose.Pdf for Java, so similar features are ported to this API. One of the salient features introduced in this release is conversion of TIFF images to PDF format and vice versa. The TiffDevice class can be used to get these capabilities. This new release also offers the feature to convert PDF documents to BMP format using BmpDevice class. Our API also includes a class named PdfViewer which provides the capabilities to print PDF documents. As we know that Android does not have any standard functionality for printing, but Google provides “Cloud Printing” tool which may be used for this purpose. Also please note that Google Printing recommends using PDF documents for better results, so with the help of Aspose.Pdf for Android, you can convert most of your resource files to PDF format and then try using Google printing for this purpose. For more information, please visit Print PDF using Cloud Printing. Furthermore, if your requirement is to print certain range of pages, you can use our API to select particular page range and they try using above stated instructions to print the documents. Some important features included in this new release are listed below
- Implement support of TIFF for Android.
- Add PdfViewer facade in Android version
- Develop function to save Bitmap in BMP format
- Table and photo are not displayed
- Artifacts appeared
- Table header should be displayed with bold font
- Error during creation TextureBrush
- PathGradientBrush doesn't work properly
- Not converted logo, 2 lines and sign
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Pdf for Android documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Pdf for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Print PDF using Cloud Printing: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfandroid/Print+PDF+using+Cloud+Printing
- Get a Particular Page in a PDF File: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfandroid/Get+a+Particular+Page+in+a+PDF+File
Overview: Aspose.Pdf for Android
Aspose.Pdf for Android is a PDF document creation & manipulation component that enables Android applications to read, write & manipulate PDF document without using any other third party application. It allows PDF compression options, table creation & manipulation, support for graph objects, extended security controls, custom font handling, add or remove bookmarks, create table of contents, add, update, delete attachments & annotations, import or export PDF form data, print PDF docs & much more.
More about Aspose.Pdf for Android
-Homepage of Aspose.Pdf for Android: http://www.aspose.com/android/pdf-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Pdf for Android: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.pdf-for-android/default.aspx
- Read online documentation of Aspose.Pdf for Android: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfandroid/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Pdf for Android Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.pdf-product-family/20/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Pdf for Android blog at: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.pdf/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066