Revamped & Improved Version of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 8.0.0 is Now Available
(Jan 08 2015 - 12:41:43 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
We are happy to announce the release of revamped version of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 8.0.0. The new API provides all the functionality supported by the legacy API and facilitates the users for ease of use. The legacy API of Aspose.Tasks for .NET has been in the field for quite a long time and provides a rich set of project documents manipulating functionality. However, the API still has certain areas where further improvements could be made. For example, generalized set and get methods could be provided for properties related to project data such as Tasks, Resources, Resource Assignments, Tasks links, and others. These, along with some others, made the basis for rewriting the API that could further facilitate towards the ease of API usage. The revamped API of Aspose.Tasks provides the following improvements as compared to the old API. We have reworked the API architecture in terms of setting certain properties that gives more independence to users, enabling them to focus on their application logic only. This gives user more freedom in working with the API where there is no need to take care of calling recalculating methods manually. Calculations included in Microsoft Project are dependent on a number of factors from the data. In legacy API, calculations were performed at the end that sometimes resulted in the wrong outputs. This has been catered for now by introducing Set and Get methods for project data collections such as Project, Task, Resource, and ResourceAssignments. Now, properties related to any of these collections can only be manipulated through the new methods, resulting in more control over the API functionality.The new API introduces static classes for grouping properties related to Project, Tasks, Resources and Resource Assignments. These are Prj,Tsk,Rsc, Asn. These can be used in combination with the Get/Set methods for achieving desired settings.The new API provides manual as well as automatic recalculation modes similar to Microsoft Project (MSP). Manual mode calculates only the necessary fields whereas automatic mode recalculates everything. This eliminates the need of calling recalculating methods manually and improves the API usage.
What will happen to my Applications built on Legacy API?
Your concerns are right. Since, the new API is totally revamped and is completely different from the old API, the old codes won’t work in almost all the cases. However, we will keep publishing the legacy as well as the revamped versions in parallel for three consecutive months. We’ll address the bug reports in the legacy API for these versions. However, new feature requests and enhancements will be incorporated in the new API only.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to Migrate to Aspose.Tasks for .NET 8.0.0 or higher: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/How+to+Migrate+to+Aspose.Tasks+for+.NET+8.0.0+or+higher
- Display Multiple Columns in Rendered Gantt Chart Image: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Display+Multiple+Columns+in+Rendered+Gantt+Chart+Image
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical .NET Project management component that enables .NET applications to read, write and manage Project documents without utilizing Microsoft Project. With Aspose.Tasks you can read and change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations and calendars. Aspose.Tasks is a very mature product that offers stability and flexibility. As with all of the Aspose file management components, Aspose.Tasks works well with both WinForm and WebForm applications.
More about Aspose.Tasks for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/project-management-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
- Demos of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.tasks/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://docs.aspose.com:8082/docs/display/tasksnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Tasks for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.tasks-for-.net/96/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Tasks for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066