Assign Calendar to a Project Task & Enhanced MPP to PDF Conversion Using Java
(Dec 08 2014 - 12:31:18 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.3.0. This month’s release contains improvements in existing API functionality by fixing a number of bugs. This further aids to the overall reliability and functionality of the API. Since our Java version of API is automatically ported from its equivalent .NET version, all the bugs fixed in the lateral are incorporated in Java version as well. Thus, this month’s release fixes a number of bugs related to project data rendering and calculations. This includes fixing a number of issues related to project data rendering that are related to exporting the default view. This includes issues related to text alignment, changed resource names, missing columns in output and change in table contents and change in table contents during rendering of project data. Defining and assignment of a calendar to a Task functionality has long been supported by Aspose.Tasks. This month’s release brings further improvements to the functionality by fixing some identified bugs which, in turn, further enhances the API functionality in terms of reliability. Below is the complete list of bug fixes and enhanced features included in this release.
- Task.Calendar not set properly while writing to MPP
- Columns missed while rendering MPP to PDF
- Table contents changed while reading/writing for MPP -> PDF conversion
- Resource Name changes while MPP->PDF conversion
- Text alignment is disturbed in MPP to PDF conversion
- Read details column in usage views from mpp files
- Read details column in usage view from 2010-2013 mpp files
- Read details column in usage view from 2003-2007 mpp files
- Inserting a task through MSP in updated MPP by AT sets NA dates for existing tasks
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Writing Updated Task Data to MPP: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksjava/Writing+Updated+Task+Data+to+MPP
- Making a Standard Calendar: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksjava/Making+a+Standard+Calendar
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for Java
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.
More about Aspose.Tasks for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for Java: http://www.aspose.com/java/project-management-component.aspx
- Download of Aspose.Tasks for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.tasks-for-java/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Tasks for Java: http://www.aspose.com/docs/dashboard.action
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Tasks for Java Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.tasks-product-family/96/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Tasks for Java blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066