Aspose.Newsletter November 2014: PowerPoint Presentations Conversion & More
(Nov 04 2014 - 10:14:50 PM
) - [print blog
Aspose Newsletter for November 2014 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java, SharePoint, Android components & REST APIs. It includes info about converting to & from PowerPoint presentations, introduced spam analysis to Aspose.Email for .NET & Java and improved project rendering. The video tutorial shows how to add animation to shapes using Aspose.Slides.
Converting to and from Microsoft PowerPoint presentations?
A lot of important information is presented and stored in Microsoft PowerPoint files. With Aspose.Slides for .NET, you can automate the creation of recurring presentations and integrate presentations into your company’s information flow. Convert slides to images or PDFs and share online. Work with charts and create customizable slide stacks. Aspose.Slides for .NET makes it easy to create, access, modify and convert presentations programmatically. Download free trial here: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx
Recent Aspose for Cloud Improvements
Aspose for Cloud, our suite of cloud based REST APIs, has seen a number of changes recently. As well as improving the platform and ensuring that the latest versions of the APIs are supported by our SDKs, we’ve added a number of new features for Aspose.Words for Cloud. Read more: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-total-product-family/archive/2014/10/17/work-with-sections-and-convert-web-pages-to-word-pdf-images-and-many-other-formats-using-aspose-for-cloud-126.96.36.199-release.html
Spam Analysis Introduced to Aspose.Email for .NET and Java
In response to customer requests, we’ve added spam analysis and filtering to Aspose.Email for .NET and Java, our email creation and management APIs. As well as adding spam analysis features, we’ve been working hard to reduce the size of PST files. Read more: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-email-product-family.html
Improved Project Rendering with Aspose.Tasks for .NET and Java
Aspose.Tasks for .NET and Java, our Microsoft Project APIs, allow you to create, manage and convert Microsoft Project files. Exporting views to other formats is critical to many of our users. The most recent releases extend the range of views the APIs support and give developers greater control over how elements are rendered. Find out more: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-tasks-product-family.html
WSI uses Aspose.Cells for .NET to work with Microsoft Excel Files
WSI Xceptor is a leading-edge automation platform that scales across business problems and requirements. Much of the data stored by WSI’s clients is held in spreadsheets. They needed to be able to work with a range of file formats and versions without losing formatting. Aspose.Cells for .NET was the answer. Download the case study here: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/66/corporate/case-studies/entry574319.aspx
Use Aspose.Slides for .NET to Add Animation to Shapes
Aspose.Slides for .NET allows developers to work with Microsoft PowerPoint slides, using the full range of features and functionality. Adding animation to a shape can help draw attention to it and keep the audience interested. We’ve created a short tutorial video that shows how to animate shapes with Aspose.Slides for .NET. Watch the video: http://youtu.be/M7tOxPZOmdg?list=UUoKbPb28Htp4MUiLtW3CT9g
Save Webpages to DOC with Aspose.Words for Cloud
Aspose.Words for Cloud lets developers work with Microsoft Word documents using a convenient REST API. A recent example deviced by our developers shows how to save a web page to a Microsoft Word document. The example shows code for C#, VB.NET and Java. Check out the code example: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordscloud/Convert+web+pages+to+Word+Documents
Updates about new product releases
1. Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
2. Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.2.2: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx - Maintenance release that improves performance and rendering.
3. Aspose.Words for .NET 14.9.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx - New reporting engine supports LINQ method syntax in templates and over 100 other enhancements and fixes.
4. Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/default.aspx - Set an output file’s dimensions when converting from PDF to HTML and other enhancements.
5. Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.8.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx - Manage VBA macros in presentations and a range of enhancements and fixes.
6. Aspose.BarCode for .NET 6.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/default.aspx - Improved PDF417 recognition and other enhancements and fixes.
7. Aspose.Tasks for .NET 7.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx – Save to several PDF files, improved rendering and more.
8. Aspose.Email for .NET 4.6.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx - Maintenance release that fixes an issue with generated PST files. Version 4.6.0 added spam analysis and filtering.
9. Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.total-for-java/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Java products.
10. Aspose.Cells for Java 8.2.2: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx – Performance and rendering improvements and fixes.
11. Aspose.Words for Java 14.9.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx - Improved DrawingML handling and rendering, and over 100 enhancements and fixes.
12. Aspose.Slides for Java 14.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.slides-for-java/default.aspx – Import animation timeline from PPT files and a number of new features and fixes.
13. Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.tasks-for-java/default.aspx – Save to several PDF files, improved rendering and more.
14. Aspose.Email for Java 4.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.email-for-java/default.aspx – Introduces spam analysis and filtering, and numerous fixes.
15. Aspose.Diagram for Java 2.3.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/diagram-java/default.aspx – Various enhancements and fixes.
16. Aspose.Total for Cloud: http://www.aspose.com/cloud/total-api.aspx – RTF compression implemented, and other enhancements.
17. Aspose.Total for Android: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.total-for-android/default.aspx – all the latest versions of our Android APIs.
18. Aspose.Total for SharePoint: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.total-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
19. Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.total-for-reporting-services/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
20. Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.9.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.pdf-for-reporting-services/default.aspx – Maintenance release that fixes an issue with non-PDF/A compliant output files.
21. Aspose.Total for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose-total-for-jasperreports/default.aspx – The latest versions of our JasperReports products.
Supporting User Groups and Conferences
In November we sponsor a number of user groups, including:
- 4-5 November: ADC Cross Platform Conference, Vienna, Austria.
- 10-13 November: DEVintersection Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- 28-29 November: Codemotion Milano, Milan, Italy.
Would you like us to sponsor your user group? Get in contact at email@example.com
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, November 2014 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2014/11/01/spotlight-on-aspose.slides-for-.net-and-news-from-aspose-november-2014.html
- Collect the Japanese version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2014/11/01/aspose.slides-for-.net-%e3%81%ae%e7%b4%b9%e4%bb%8b%e3%81%8a%e3%82%88%e3%81%b3%e3%81%9d%e3%81%ae%e4%bb%96%e3%81%ae%e3%83%8b%e3%83%a5%e3%83%bc%e3%82%b9-2014%e5%b9%b4-11%e6%9c%88.html
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Follow us on Google+: https://plus.google.com/b/117307915172523133796/117307915172523133796/posts
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspose/21217093093
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066