Spam Email Filtering & Retrieving Messages Based on Date & Time in .NET Apps
(Oct 14 2014 - 02:03:29 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Email for .NET 4.6.0. This month’s release empowers the API users to categorize the emails as spam using the Bayesian Spam Analyzer. It also brings improvements to the Personal Storage (PST) file size while created using the API. This month’s release also provides the capability to filter emails from mailbox by specifying time as well in addition to the date. This month’s release introduces a high accuracy anti-spam filter that is based on the naive Bayesian classifier. Bayesian spam filters provided a very powerful way for dealing with spam messages. The SpamAnalyzer class of Aspose.Email is used to train the filter to establish the criterion for determining the messages as spam or ham (non-spam). The very first step is to train the filter for recognizing spam and non-spam messages. This can be done by establishing a set of (say 100-200) spam and ham messages. Once the sets are ready, the filter needs to be trained by calling the SpamAnalyzer class’s TrainFilter method as shown in the code sample on blog page. This is done for the spam messages set as well. Once done, the classifier’s results are saved to the disc in a database file. The Pop3 Client of Aspose.Email API already provides the capability of retrieving messages from mailbox based on the date specified in MailQuery. Though this is enough to retrieve messages between two dates, it restricts the searching to dates only where the Pop3 protocol also provides the support for searching based on the time as well. This month’s release further enhances the messages searching capability to be time based as well. The overloaded member of MailQueryBuilder helps achieve this by setting the DateComparisonType to ByDateTime. This month’s API also brings improvement to the size of PSTs created with Aspose.Email. For a known set of emails, the API now creates low size PST as compared to its previous version and we are still working to bring further improvement to this. This month’s release also fixes a number of bugs that were reported with our last month’s version. These include encoding issues while converting messages between various formats, issues related to Appointment timings when saved using Aspose.Email, Output difference while saving TNEF calendar items, Change in content during MSG conversion, exceptions while retrieving messages from Exchange server, saving EML to disc and loading some MSG files and many more. The main bug fixes, new & improved features added in this release are listed below
- Create/Update/Delete Gmail Contact
- EML to PST conversion causes large size PST creation
- Filter mails with Date and Time using Pop3Client via MailQuery
- Inline images lost is fixed while converting MapiMessage -> MailMessage
- Setting Exchange Format address in To field gives error is now fixed
- Text alignment inverted while reading/writing to Appointment object is fixed
- Calendar view disappearance is resolved for loading/saving image
- Appointment time changes are fixed while loading and saving the ICS file
- Appointment saved using Aspose.Email doesn't shown time in local time-zone is resolved in this release.
- Loading ICS with Aspose raises Error in Visual Studio are resolved
- Saving TNEF Calendar as EML loses the "Required" field is fixed
- MailMessage.Save interchanges content of the message body
- MSG to MHTML: Encoding issue is resolved
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Email for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Email for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Bayesian Spam Analyzer: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/emailnet/Bayesian+Spam+Analyzer
- Filtering Messages from POP3 Mailbox Based on Sender, Recipient or Date: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/emailnet/Filtering+Messages+from+POP3+Mailbox+Based+on+Sender%2C+Recipient+or+Date
Overview: Aspose.Email for .NET
Aspose.Email for .NET is a set of components allowing developers to easily implement email functionality within their ASP.NET web applications, web services & Windows applications. It Supports Outlook PST, EML, MSG & MHT formats. It allows developers to work with SMTP, POP3, FTP & MS Exchange servers. It supports mail merge, iCalendar, customized header & body, header information, embedded files, Twitter & many more. It makes it easy to work with HTML or plain text emails & their attachments.
More about Aspose.Email for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/email-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/docs/dashboard.action
- Demos of Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.email/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Email for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.email-product-family/499/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Email for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.network-for-.net/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066