Aspose.Newsletter October 2014: OCR & Image Processing Cloud APIs News & More
(Oct 03 2014 - 01:07:47 AM
) - [print blog
Aspose Newsletter for October 2014 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java, SharePoint, Android components & REST APIs. It includes info about working with optical character recognition features in cloud & new REST API for creating, manipulating & converting images in cloud apps. The video tutorial shows how to extract an attached file from OneNote Document.
Optical Character Recognition in the Cloud with Aspose.OCR for Cloud
Aspose.OCR for Cloud is a REST API that allows developers working in the cloud to add optical character recognition features to their applications. Aspose.OCR for Cloud is platform independent and supported by a number of SDKs to get you up and running quickly. Start free trial now: https://cloud.aspose.com/SignUp?src=pdf-api
New: Aspose.Imaging for Cloud
Aspose.Imaging for Cloud is the latest product in the Aspose family of Cloud APIs. It is a REST API for creating, manipulating and converting images. Easy-to-use and efficient, it goes beyond simple conversion by adding image editing features such as cropping and resizing, rotating and flipping. It supports a range of raster image formats and Adobe PhotoShop PSD. Read more: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose.imaging-product-family/archive/2014/09/10/rest-image-api-introducing-aspose.imaging-for-cloud.html
Klemen Novak on Working with Aspose.Total for Java
Klemen and his team needed a product that would allow them to extract document content when building a search index. That content is then converted to PDFs or thumbnails to give users of their Enterprise Content Management System a unified, device independent, user experience. They found that Aspose.Total for Java offered the widest range of file formats as well as great performance. Read the review: http://nklemen.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/convert-2-pdf-text-extraction-and.html
Jobulu Reviews Aspose.Words for JasperReports
Jobulu is a CV and resume creation application. When they wanted to offer a wider range of file formats for CV download, they needed a component that supported Microsoft Word’s DOCX format. After looking at a number of products that didn’t, they found Aspose.Words for JasperReports. Read the review: http://www.jobulo.com/blog/aspose-words-product-review/
Extract an Attached File from OneNote Document with Aspose.Note for .NET
Microsoft OneNote allows users to take extensive notes, bringing together inputs and contributions from a range of sources. With Aspose.Note for .NET, developers can retrieve files attached to a OneNote document and we’ve put together a tutorial video that shows how. Watch complete video: http://youtu.be/Ygt-wtkTpRk?list=UUoKbPb28Htp4MUiLtW3CT9g
Updates about new product releases
1. Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
2. Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.2.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx - Improved data label display and wrapping.
3. Aspose.Words for .NET 14.8.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx - Improved TOC formatting, timestamp PDF with external timestamp server, and other improvements.
4. Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/default.aspx - Change page orientation from portrait to landscape, export to single HTML file with embedded resources and more.
5. Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx - Improved support for PowerPoint 2010 features (and later versions), and other enhancements.
6. Aspose.BarCode for .NET 6.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/default.aspx - Improved PDF417 recognition and other enhancements and fixes.
7. Aspose.Tasks for .NET 7.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx – Improved text conversion features and other enhancements.
8. Aspose.Email for .NET 4.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx - Improved attachment handling and a number of fixes.
9. Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.diagram-for-.net/default.aspx - Adjust timeline and milestone shape settings and a range of fixes.
10. Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.imaging-for-.net/default.aspx - Convert to CMYK, resize images proportionally, CAD to raster image conversion and other enhancements.
11. Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.total-for-java/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Java products.
12. Aspose.Cells for Java 8.2.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx – A range of fixes and enhancements.
13. Aspose.Words for Java 14.8.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx - Improved TOC formatting, timestamp PDF with external timestamp server, and other improvements.
14. Aspose.Slides for Java 14.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.slides-for-java/default.aspx – Improvements to layout and shape cloning features, and various fixes.
15. Aspose.Tasks for Java 7.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.tasks-for-java/default.aspx – Support for conversion to 2003 and 2007 MPP formats, various fixes and enhancements.
16. Aspose.Email for Java 4.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.email-for-java/default.aspx – Various improvements and fixes.
17. Aspose.Diagram for Java 2.3.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/diagram-java/default.aspx – Various enhancements and fixes.
18. Aspose.Total for Cloud: http://www.aspose.com/cloud/total-api.aspx – RTF compression implemented, and other enhancements.
19. Aspose.Total for Android: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.total-for-android/default.aspx – all the latest versions of our Android APIs.
20. Aspose.Pdf for Android 1.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.pdf-for-android/default.aspx – Improved text extraction and replacement, and other fixes.
21. Aspose.Total for SharePoint: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.total-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
22. Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint 1.9.3: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.pdf-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – Wiki page conversion issue fixed.
23. Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.total-for-reporting-services/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
24. Aspose.Total for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose-total-for-jasperreports/default.aspx – The latest versions of our JasperReports products.
Supporting User Groups and Conferences
In October we sponsor a number of user groups, including:
- ADC Cross-platform Conference, Mannheim, Germany.
- Tech Valley .NET User Group, New York, USA.
- FlaDotNet User Group, Florida, USA.
Would you like us to sponsor your user group? Get in contact at email@example.com
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, October 2014 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2014/10/01/introducing-aspose.imaging-for-cloud-and-other-news-from-aspose-september-2014.html
- Collect the Japanese version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2014/10/01/aspose.imaging-for-cloud-%E3%81%AE%E7%B4%B9%E4%BB%8B%E3%81%8A%E3%82%88%E3%81%B3%E3%81%9D%E3%81%AE%E4%BB%96%E3%81%AE%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9-2014%E5%B9%B4-10%E6%9C%88.html
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Follow us on Google+: https://plus.google.com/b/117307915172523133796/117307915172523133796/posts
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspose/21217093093
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066