Time-stamping of PDF Digital Signatures & Better RDL to RTF Doc/Docx Conversion
(Oct 01 2014 - 10:52:48 PM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.4.0 has been released. This release includes a number of fixes for issues reported by our customers and some major improvements to the field, rendering and layout features. Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.4.0 release includes the latest improvements and fixes included in Aspose.Words (14.8.0). The most notable are, it improved how TOC field culture and formatting is handled and implemented Timestamping of PDF digital signatures using external timestamp server as well as add improvements to advanced rendering features, for example pre-blending semi-transparent images. Moreover, Horizontal rotation of characters with HorizontalRotatedFarEast orientation supported along with improved page layout for additional compatibility modes as well as improved floater positioning in complex cases. The list of new & improved features in this release are listed below
- Support of latest Aspose.Words v14.8
- Export texture fills to all formats.
- Sub Report does now render properly after conversion from RDL to RTF/Doc/Docx
- Page header appears in output RTF/Doc/Docx after conversion from RDL is now fixed
- Aspose.Words for SSRS exporter exception is resolve when there is a Matrix in the rdlc report
- Extra empty space appearance is fixed when RDL is exported to Doc/Docx
- Extra space (empty Paragraph) appears when RDL is exported to Doc/Docx
- CanGrow property of Textbox is fixed and now work properly
- RepeatRowHeaders now properly working when RDL is exported to Doc/Docx
- RDL to Docx issue with table's hidden rows white space is nowfixed
- EnableHTMLFormatting does not work for font size is now fixed
- TextBox text issue is fixed and render after conversion from RDL to Doc/Docx
- HTML table now generate correctly when RDL is converted to Doc/Docx
- Extra table's cell appearance is fixed after conversion from RDL to Doc/Docx.
- HTML text truncation is fixed after conversion from RDL to Doc/Docx
- HTML text duplication is fixed after conversion from RDL to Doc/Docx
- Text color now properly apply when RDL is exported to Doc/Docx
- Exception (An error occurred during local report processing) is thrown while exporting RDL to Doc/Docx/HTML is now fixed
- Flow of the data in the columns are now corrected
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for Reporting Services documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Rendering Reports Programmatically: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/Rendering+Reports+Programmatically
- Comprehensive RDL Support: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/Comprehensive+RDL+Support
Overview: Aspose.Words for Reporting Services
Aspose.Words for Reporting Services is a rendering extension for Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 Reporting Services (32 bit & 64 bit). It allows you to export your RDL reports to flow layout documents and provides comprehensive support for exporting them to DOCX, DOC, HTML, MHTML, RTF, TXT and WordML formats. All RDL report features including tables, report columns, matrices, charts, textboxes, lists, images, rectangles and subreports are also converted to Microsoft Word documents.
More about Aspose.Words for Reporting Services
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/reporting-services/word-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.words-for-reporting-services/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services: http://docs.aspose.com:8082/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for Reporting Services Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for Reporting Services blog at: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-words-product-family.html
Aspose Pty Ltd, Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066