Import Bitmap Image as Visio Shape & Add Master to Diagram from Source Diagram
(Aug 21 2014 - 03:51:21 AM
) - [print blog
What’s new in this release?
We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.3.0. Under the hood, the Aspose.Diagram API now supports importing a bitmap image as a Microsoft Visio shape. This is something our users have asked for in our forums. There are many ways to glue shapes in the container, we’ve covered the basics of handling glue. Developers can now glue shapes in the container by passing connection name parameters. Previously, it was only possible by connection IDs. The new release of the Aspose.Diagram API has now made it very easy: just pass the exact connection name. Developers can use either the connection IDs or name by using either the Page.GlueShapesInContainer or Page.GlueShapesInContainerByID methods. You can find the details of this feature in the documentation help topic: Glue Shapes inside the Container. This feature is useful primarily if we have added the new shapes and saved them to a source Microsoft Visio diagram. It helps developers to add a master to diagram from source diagram. We have added a new overloaded Diagram.AddShape method. It takes a master name and Diagram classes object (the object that represents a Visio drawing). Please find details of this feature in the documentation help topic: Add Master from the Stencil of Shapes. This new version brings fixes to reported bugs, error messages and includes various other enhancements. Here is the list of important enhancements and bugs fixed in the new version.
- Add support to import bitmap image as a shape
- Add support to import bitmap image as a shape
- Fixed: The bullet characters were not available in the text of shapes when converted VSD drawing to other supported formats.
- Fixed: Connection arrows were enlarged in size. We have restored to their original size while exporting to any other supported formats.
- Fixed: The rounded rectangle shape was folded in the output PDF document.
- Fixed: The text items were outside the shape’s boundary. It was the case with VSD to PDF conversion.
- Fixed: The solid style border of shapes was changed to the dash style.
- Fixed: There were improper spaces between the text lines.
- Fixed: We noticed that a few Microsoft Visio samples with missing shapes, for example during VSD to PDF conversion.
- Fixed: The text items and images were jumbled up with each other, for example during VSD to PDF conversion.
- Fixed: Incorrect shape’s fill color and changed case text of the shape problems are now fixed.
- While VSD to PDF conversion, bullet characters are not available in the text shapes.
- Missing bullets when converting VSD to PDF format
- Incorrect thickness of arrows when converting VSD to PDF format
- VSD to PDF conversion, bullets are not preserved
- VSD to HTML conversion, bullets are not preserved
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Diagram for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Diagram for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Import Bitmap Image as a Visio Shape: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/diagramnet/Import+Bitmap+Image+as+a+Visio+Shape
- Add Master from the Stencil of Shapes: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/diagramnet/Add+Master+from+the+Stencil+of+Shapes
Overview: Aspose.Diagram for .NET
Aspose.Diagram is a class library for working with MS Visio files & is a pure .NET alternate for MS Visio Object Model. It enables developers to work with VSD & VDX files on ASP.NET web applications, web services & Windows applications. It makes use of the advanced functionality of Visio's services to manipulate Visio docs on a server. Developer can open files & manipulate the elements of the diagram, from lines and fills, to more complex elements, and then export to native Visio formats or XML.
More about Aspose.Diagram for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Diagram for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/diagram-component.aspx
-Download Aspose.Diagram for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.diagram-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Diagram for .NET:
- Online documentation of Aspose.Diagram for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/diagramnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Diagram for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.diagram-for-.net/489/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Diagram for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-diagram-for-net.html
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066