Project Data Rendering Enhancements & Better Project Data Export to HTML
(Aug 12 2014 - 03:32:17 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
We are happy to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 6.9.0. This month’s release includes enhancements to the existing API features in order to resemble the behavior of Microsoft Project. This month’s release brings a number of enhancements to project data rendering that enables users to get the same output from various aspects similar to Microsoft Project. Rendering Graphical Column Indicators - Microsoft Project renders graphical indicators in columns while writing project data to output PDF or other formats. These include task indicators, resource indicators and assignment indicators. These show graphical depiction of status based on the value of particular data available. This months’ release of Aspose.Tasks for .NET provides the same functionality by implementing all these graphical indicators which are rendered to output PDF or any other format while exporting Project data. Rendering Gantt Chart Lines in Gradient – The new version of Aspose.Tasks allows setting the Gradient color of the lines while rendering project data to formats such as PDF. This was not supported by the earlier versions of Aspose.Tasks. User can control whether the output lines should have solid or gradient color using the Boolean flag provided in SaveOptions. Show/Hide Gantt Chart view – Aspose.Tasks now supports rendering Task Sheet view to other formats such as PDF, thus providing the capability to show/hide Gantt chart view. This month’s release also includes a number of bug fixes reported with our previous version. This includes exceptions while loading specific MPP files, formatting loss while exporting project data to HTML, and missing title in Timeline view. Below is the complete list of new features and important bug fixes included in this release.
- Implement Resource.GUID field reading/writing for mpp 2007 file format and add public field Resource.GUID.
- Use source file GanttchartView information to render the project data like GanttBarStyle start shape, end shape and middle color
- Option to show/hide GanttChart View while converting MPP->PDF
- Provide graphical Indicators Column while conversion MPP->PDF
- NullPointer exception is resolved while conversion from MPP to PDF
- Title missing in Timeline view
- Output files differ while project is created with and without template MPP file
- Tasks indentation lost in HTML created by Aspose.Tasks is now fixed
- All the lines in MPP are dual-shade with 3D effect while lines are solid in MPP->PDF by Aspose.Tasks
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Changing Gantt Chart Bars Color Gradient: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Rendering+Gantt+Chart#RenderingGanttChart-GradientBrush
- Saving a Project as PDF: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Saving+a+Project+as+PDF
Overview: Aspose.Tasks for .NET
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical .NET Project management component that enables .NET applications to read, write and manage Project documents without utilizing Microsoft Project. With Aspose.Tasks you can read and change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations and calendars. Aspose.Tasks is a very mature product that offers stability and flexibility. As with all of the Aspose file management components, Aspose.Tasks works well with both WinForm and WebForm applications.
More about Aspose.Tasks for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/project-management-component.aspx
- Download Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
- Demos of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.tasks/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Tasks for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Tasks for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.tasks-for-.net/96/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Tasks for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066