Aspose.Newsletter August 2014: New REST API for Processing Images Files & More
(Aug 04 2014 - 08:51:17 AM
) - [print blog
Aspose Newsletter for August 2014 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java, SharePoint, Android components & REST APIs. It includes information about the latest API for processing images known as Aspose.Imaging for Cloud and merged namespaces for dealing with PPT and PPTX files. The video tutorial shows how to add picture frame to a Slide in .NET Apps & more.
Working with emails in .NET applications? It doesn’t have to be difficult.
Aspose.Email for .NET allows developers to add email features to their apps. Send and manage emails, work with Microsoft Outlook tasks, notes and calendar items, convert emails between formats, control attachments and much more. Download free trial: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx
Coming Soon: Aspose.Imaging for Cloud
We’re expanding our Cloud offering by adding new APIs. The next product to make it into Aspose for Cloud will be Aspose.Imaging. Thisa new REST API will allow developers to work with and process images in their applications. Read more: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose.imaging-product-family/archive/2014/07/11/convert-and-manipulate-images-in-the-cloud-with-aspose.imaging.html
Aspose.Slides for Java: One API for PPT and PPTX
With Aspose.Slides for Java 14.4.0, we have merged the namespaces that deal with Microsoft PowerPoint’s two file formats: traditional PPT, and the next generation PPTX. This means that it is now easier to work with Aspose.Slides for Java since developers do not have to think about which format is being processed. This unified API speeds up development. Read more: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/archive/2014/07/04/aspose.slides-for-java-unified-api.html
Code Sample: Using Aspose.Cells for Java to Create a Dashboard
Microsoft Excel allows users to create a wide range of models and dashboards. An article that we recently wrote for Code Project explains how to apply conditional formatting with Aspose.Cells for Java to quickly create a dashboard in a spreadsheet. Read complete article: http://ow.ly/yRnNj
Aspose.PDF Exporter uses Aspose.Pdf for Cloud to Export WordPress Posts
We’ve launched a new WordPress plugin, Aspose.PDF Exporter, that lets Aspose for Cloud users add quick and easy PDF export to their WordPress sites. Find out more: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-pdf-product-family/archive/2014/07/11/wordpress-export-posts-to-pdf-using-aspose.pdf.html
How to Add a Picture Frame to a Slide with Aspose.Slides for .NET
Picture frames allow Microsoft PowerPoint users to add a frame effect to images. Aspose.Slides for .NET lets developers apply picture frames too. We have a tutorial video that shows you how. Watch the video here: http://youtu.be/MDSO45Vmbz4?list=UUoKbPb28Htp4MUiLtW3CT9g
Embedding HTML in a Word Document with Aspose.Words for .NET
Brandon Rohrer wrote an article about how to embed HTML in a Word document using Aspose.Words for .NET. As he says, Aspose.Words for .NET “is a very powerful tool which isn’t dependent on Word being installed”. Read the article: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/798388/Embed-HTML-in-a-Word-Document-using-Aspose-Words
Updates about new product releases
1. Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
2. Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.1.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx - Support for removing scenarios and a number of fixes.
3. Aspose.Words for .NET 14.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx - Support for automatic change tracking, and a number of enhancements and fixes.
4. Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/default.aspx - Improved font extraction methods and a range of enhancements.
5. Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx - Support for creating group shapes and many other enhancements and fixes.
6. Aspose.BarCode for .NET 6.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/default.aspx – Improved QR codes recognition and fixes.
7. Aspose.Tasks for .NET 6.8.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx – Read XML files created by OpenProj, write data tables and other.
8. Aspose.Email for .NET 4.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx - Add attachments to TNEF EML and other improvements and fixes.
9. Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.diagram-for-.net/default.aspx - General improvements and fixes.
10. Aspose.OCR for .NET 2.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.ocr-for-.net/default.aspx - New OCR algorithm, detecting reading order, automatic region detection and other enhancements.
11. Aspose.Imaging for .NET 2.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.imaging-for-.net/default.aspx - Set transparency and resolution for PNG and other enhancements.
12. Aspose.Note for .NET 1.3.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.note-for-.net/default.aspx - Maintenance release that fixes a couple of issues.
13. Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.total-for-java/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Java products.
14. Aspose.Cells for Java 8.1.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx – General enhancements and fixes.
15. Aspose.Words for Java 14.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx - Support for automatic change tracking, and a number of enhancements and fixes.
16. Aspose.Pdf for Java 9.3.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.pdf-for-java/default.aspx- Support for automatic change tracking, and a number of enhancements and fixes.
17. Aspose.Slides for Java 8.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.slides-for-java/default.aspx – Improved image rendering for PDF export and other improvements.
18. Aspose.BarCode for Java 6.0.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.barcode-for-java/default.aspx – Maintenance release that fixes a couple of issues.
19. Aspose.Tasks for Java 6.8.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.tasks-for-java/default.aspx – Read XML files created by OpenProj, write data tables and other
20. Aspose.Email for Java 4.3.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.email-for-java/default.aspx – Send messages with polls, improved EML to MSG conversion and other enhancements.
21. Aspose.Diagram for Java 2.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/diagram-java/default.aspx – Enhancements and fixes.
22. Aspose.Total for Cloud: http://www.aspose.com/cloud/total-api.aspx – RTF compression implemented, and other enhancements.
23. Aspose.Total for Android: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.total-for-android/default.aspx – all the latest versions of our Android APIs.
24. Aspose.Cells for Android 8.1.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.cells-for-android/default.aspx – General enhancements and fixes.
25. Aspose.Words for Android 1.10.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.words-for-android/default.aspx - Support for automatic change tracking, and a number of enhancements and fixes.
26. Aspose.Pdf for Android 1.3.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/74/android-components/aspose.pdf-for-android/default.aspx – General enhancements and fixes.
27. Aspose.Total for SharePoint: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.total-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
28. Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.total-for-reporting-services/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
29. Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.slides-for-reporting-services/default.aspx – Improved license management.
30. Aspose.Total for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose-total-for-jasperreports/default.aspx – The latest versions of our JasperReports products.
31. Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports 1.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.pdf-for-jasperreports/entry554656.aspx – Export reports with maps and compatible with the latest JasperReport libraries.
Supporting User Groups and Conferences
In August we sponsor a number of user groups, including:
- Denver SQL User Group, USA.
- Dallas ASP.NET User Group, USA.
- Smart Devs User Group, UK.
Would you like us to sponsor your user group? Get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, August 2014 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2014/08/01/announcing-aspose.imaging-for-cloud-other-news-august-2014.html
- Collect the Japanese version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2014/08/01/aspose.imaging-for-cloud-%e3%81%ae%e3%83%aa%e3%83%aa%e3%83%bc%e3%82%b9%e3%81%8a%e3%82%88%e3%81%b3%e3%81%9d%e3%81%ae%e4%bb%96%e3%81%ae%e3%83%8b%e3%83%a5%e3%83%bc%e3%82%b9-2014%e5%b9%b4-8%e6%9c%88.html
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Follow us on Google+: https://plus.google.com/b/117307915172523133796/117307915172523133796/posts
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspose/21217093093
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066