Increase Recognition Accuracy Using Better Garbage Element Detection
(Apr 16 2013 - 11:01:18 PM
) - [print blog
What’s new in this release?
We are proud to announce the new release of Aspose.OCR for .NET 1.5.0. In this release we have introduced some improvements and bug fixes along with a new feature. It includes improvement in garbage element detection to increase the character recognition accuracy. Rotation and flip parameters are exposed in the public API; the default value is none. Users can specify these parameters to improve recognition speed and accuracy as well. This release also fixed an issue with recognition notification as well as other issues. We have also introduced a page notifier feature in this release. It usage is similar to other notifiers. This release includes plenty of new features as listed below
- Update new default values for rotation parameters.
- Implement sending notification after the recognition of every page
- Improved recognition of garbage elements on image.
- Improved Flip detection.
- Fix public accessible hOCR exception.
- Fix problem with recognition modes.
- Fix correct notifications sending during recognition.
- Error of common type during recognition is fixed
- Implement IEnumerable for correction filters.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.OCR for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Diagram for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Applying correction filters before document recognition: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/ocrnet/Applying+correction+filters+before+document+recognition
- Extracting Text from Part of an Image: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/ocrnet/Extracting+Text+from+Part+of+an+Image
Overview: Aspose.OCR for .NET
Aspose.OCR for .NET is a character recognition component built to allow developers to add OCR functionality in their ASP .NET web applications, web services and Windows applications. It provides a simple set of classes for controlling character recognition tasks. It helps developers to work with image (BMP, TIFF) files from within their own applications. It allows developers to extract text from images quickly & easily, saving time & effort involved in developing an OCR solution from scratch.
More about Aspose.OCR for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.OCR for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/ocr-component.aspx
-Download Aspose.OCR for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.ocr_for_.net/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.OCR for .NET:
- Online documentation of Aspose.OCR for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/ocrnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.OCR for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.ocr-for-.net/493/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.OCR for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-ocr-for-net.html
Aspose Pty Ltd, Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066