Aspose.Newsletter April 2013 Edition is Out Now
(Apr 02 2013 - 11:22:57 PM
) - [print blog
Aspose Newsletter for April 2013 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows converting documents with Aspose.Words for SharePoint in a workflow & migration tip for creating a chart with VSTO or Aspose.Slides for .NET. The video tutorial shows getting started with Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports.
200,000 Registered Users!
We have 200,000 registered users in our online community! Less than three years ago, we celebrated reaching 100,000 registered users and we are delighted to have doubled our community so quickly. To celebrate, we’re giving not just user #200,000 but also 19 other new users prizes. We’re contacting the winners and will publish information about them in our blog as we make contact.
Extending our Platform Support
We’re adding mobile to our existing platforms shortly. The new platform will give mobile developers many of the tools that our .NET and Java users enjoy, making document conversion and management on mobile platforms fast and easy. As well as developing platforms so that our customers can use our tools in the way they need, we’re working to support and encourage our user community.
Over the last two years we’ve supported a number of .NET, Java and SharePoint user groups with support, prizes and swag. If you know of a group that would benefit from our support, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
NFR Licenses for Microsoft MVPs
Did you know that we offer NFR (not for resale) licenses of our products to Microsoft MVPs? If you are a Microsoft MVP and would like to try our products, email email@example.com.
Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java Merging
Last year, we merged Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET. The time has come for us to do the same thing for Java. The new, merged version of Aspose.Pdf will both create and work with existing PDFs and gives our users a more powerful toolkit for developing with PDF. Read more here: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-pdf-product-family/archive/2013/03/23/auto-ported-version-of-aspose.pdf-for-.net-to-java-platform.html
Product Spotlight – Aspose.OCR
Aspose.OCR for .NET and Aspose.OCR for Java are compact, easy to use APIs that instantly gives your .NET or Java framework OCR capabilities. Optical character recognition takes scanned pages and recognizes characters and words, so that the text can be extracted into digital forms, databases or word processors. If your organization works with paper forms, or has legacy documents that you want to store digitally, Aspose.OCR can help you automate the process. Aspose.OCR supports several image formats, fonts and languages. Find out more: http://www.aspose.com/ocr-component-suite.aspx
Technical Article – Converting Documents with Aspose.Words for SharePoint in a Workflow
Aspose.Words for SharePoint can be incorporated into workflows to speed up document management. This article shows how to set up a workflow that automatically converts files to PDF. This lets users upload files to a directory in any supported format and easily share documents in a format that anyone can read. Click below to read the complete article: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordssharepoint/Converting+a+Document+via+Workflow+Activity
Updates about new product releases
1. Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
2. Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.4.2: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx - copy macros in XSLM file and a number of enhancements and fixes.
3. Aspose.Words for .NET 13.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx - renders 3D effects and shadows for VML shapes, improves performance when rendering PDFs from documents with large JPEGs and more.
4. Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx - save presentations to HTML, TIFF compression and multi-page TIFFs, support for Asp.NET charts, tables and grids to presentations.
5. Aspose.Tasks for .NET 5.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx – support for writing outline codes, calendar, task, task link, resource and resource assignment data to Microsoft Project 2013 MPP files.
6. Aspose.Imaging for .NET 1.7.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.imaging-for-.net/default.aspx – a maintenance release that fixes a couple of issues related to TIFF handling.
7. Aspose.Email for .NET 2.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx – a number of enhancements and fixes.
8. Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.total-for-java/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Java products.
9. Aspose.Cells for Java 7.4.2: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx – get locale based date format for Excel’s inbuilt number formats, copy macros with workbooks, export HTML to user-specified streams and a number of fixes.
10. Aspose.Words for Java 13.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx - renders 3D effects and shadows for VML shapes, improves performance when rendering PDFs from documents with large JPEGs and more, supports DIV elements in HTML, and non-binary OLE-objects in ODTs.
11. Aspose.Slides for Java 7.1.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.slides-for-java/default.aspx – a hotfix that fixes an issue with the language setting of paragraphs where text has been replaced.
12. Aspose.Email for Java 2.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.words-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – a number of enhancements and fixes.
13. Aspose.Total for SharePoint: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.total-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
14. Aspose.Word for SharePoint 2.8.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.words-for-sharepoint/default.aspx - renders 3D objects and shadows to VML, and a number of enhancements and fixes.
15. Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.total-for-reporting-services/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
16. Aspose.Slides for SSRS 4.7.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.slides-for-reporting-services/default.aspx - support for SSRS 2012 and other enhancements and fixes.
17. Aspose.Pdf for SSRS 2.5.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.pdf-for-reporting-services/default.aspx - a hotfix that introduces a number of fixes.
18. Aspose.Total for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose-total-for-jasperreports/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
19. Aspose.Slides for JasperReports 1.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.slides-for-jasperreports/default.aspx - supports JasperReports 4.0, 4.5 and 4.7.
Tutorial Video – Getting Started with Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports
Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports lets you export reports to PDF, complete with charts, tables and images. Getting started is easy and this video shows how to install a JasperServer, install Aspose.Pdf for JasperReports, add configuration and apply a license. Click below to watch the Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUz6LfTQsXY&feature=youtu.be
Migration Tip – Creating a Chart with VSTO or Aspose.Slides for .NET
Charts add valuable information to management and other presentations. When coding with Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, you can add charts using VSTO or with Aspose.Slides. This migration tip compares the two approaches and shows yow you can free yourself from Microsoft Office Automation. Read the complete migration tip here: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/slidesnet/Create+a+Chart++in+a+Microsoft+PowerPoint+Presentation
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, January 2013 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2013/04/01/aspose-newsletter-april-2013.html
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspose/21217093093
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066