3D & Shadows Effects Rendering for Shapes, File Size Saving Benefits
(Mar 17 2013 - 10:12:50 PM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET & Java (13.2.0) has been released. This month’s release supports rendering of 3D and shadows effects on Shapes. A shape or image in Microsoft Word document can have advanced effects applied to them, such as shadow, 3D rotation (extrusion), reflection and more. In previous versions Aspose.Words would render shapes with such effect to PDF and similar formats as regular shapes without the effects applied. Starting with Aspose.Words 13.2.0 we have made big improvements to this area of rendering and now 3D extrusion and simple shadows on shapes are now supported upon rendering. This release also supports reduction of File Size when Saving Documents with JPEG Images to PDF. We have made some improvements to the way JPEG images are exported to PDF which results in some great file size saving benefits. One test document which contained a few particularly large images had its output PDF size reduced by up to 12 times. The list of most notable new and improved features in this release are listed below
- 3D effects are rendered for VML shapes.
- Shadows are rendered for VML shapes.
- PDF rendering performance is improved for documents with large JPEG images.
- DrawingML Charts rendering new features added.
- DIV elements in HTML are supported.
- Non-binary OLE objects are supported in ODT.
- Floating table breaking and positioning improved.
- Layout of RTL tables and paragraphs improved.
- Support basic 3D effects of shapes upon rendering.
- Support of extrusion effect rendering (lighting and shading)
- Shapes Shadows // WordArt shape is now rendering correctly in PDF is fixed
- Support rendering of leader lines upon rendering data labels.
- Support text rotation and direction upon rendering Axis labels.
- Shape shadow effects is now rendered in pdf output
- Hyperlink in PDF is not opened in a new window when specifying ContentDisposition.Inline option
- Support non binary OLE objects (<draw:object>) in ODT
- Aspose.Words renders more Pages than in original Docuement
- Create samples for the new access to page layout feature
- Touch up PageSplitter sample
- Create a sample which demonstrates how to get page numbers of every node in a document
- Create a sample which demonstrates LayoutEnumerator
- Create a sample to add a image to every page without using the header or footer
- Create a basic wrapper for LayoutEnumerator which provides a object model API
- Provide a way to access content of a TextColumn
- PageSplitter: Heading numbers can be wrong
- Export font subsets in WOFF (Web Open Font Format)
- Implement writer for WOFF format.
- File size of PDF is too big
- RTF to Pdf conversion issue with text rendering using font MS Mincho
- Shape shadow lost is resolved upon rendering/converting to PDF.
- Borders around table are partially lost after open/save is fixed
- Unable to load document in 11.5.0 version is fixed
- Bottom border line of image disappears upon converting DOCX to DOC/RTF is fixed
- RTF to PDF conversio issue with logo is fixed
- 3D effects of Shapes lost during rendering to PDF is fixed
- Floating table is rendering at the wrong page and cutting at the bottom in fixed page formats
- Decide if PrinterSettingsContainer should be public
- Remove the dependency for WingDings 2 font while rendering checkboxes in PDF file
- Improved axis labels auto rotation algorithm
- Translucent shape is rendered lighter than it should.
- Saving a DOCX stream to disk using IO.File results in Document corruption is now fixed
- Cell borders are now preserved in Pdf
- Data labels are rendered incorrectly for bars, which height is less than tick size is now fixed
- A Shape takes place of Paragraphs and moves them towards right page edge
- Table is now rendering correctly while conversion from Docx to PDF
- Refactor virtual list related classes.
- Small image boxes in DrawingML nodes are now preserved in fixed formats
- Update OOXML chart supported features list
- Post blog and API changes for this month's release
- Use AttributeConverter instead of direct access to RunPr properties in Layout
- Implement support of simple shadows.
- PageIndex value is swapped with the Width part of LayoutEnumerator.Rectangle property
- PageIndex and Rectangle values of Run nodes returned by LayoutEnumerator are incorrect
- Conversion issue resolved in Smart Art Shape Text
- Test documents with PageSplitter sample
- RenderedDocument class returns incorrect Rendered Last line of Column
- LayoutEnumerator returns incorrect number of Columns
- Page breaks can cause a second page when content is extracted
- Use .ttf extension instead of .odttf for font resources when write FixedXaml
- RTL line positioning is correctted
- Create/find tool for validating generated WOFF files.
- EMF image rendering issue is fixed.
- Watermark disappears after open/save DOCX document is fixed
- Lists are getting rendered incorrectly on DOCX>DOCX is now fixed
- Aspose.Words now load complete text in HTML
- Bottom line of header lost is fixed after vertical cell merge and zooming out the document.
- The indentation of Paragraph is now corrected in PDF
- HTML string truncates when converting to RTF
- Text in EMF image is shifted towards right in Xps
- UpdateFields now update the value of a STYLEREF field
- Docx to PDF conversion issue resolved with Pie Chart
- Doc to PDF conversion issue resolved with X-axis title's alignment
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Rendering Shapes Overview: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Rendering+Shapes+Overview
- Manage Tracking Changes in MS Word: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Manage+Tracking+Changes
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/.net/word-component.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066