Native Access to Page Layout Information & Import of SVG Images in HTML
(Feb 13 2013 - 09:22:15 PM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET & Java (13.1.0) has been released. This month’s release provides access to the layout engine in the Aspose.Words API. The most demanding feature requested by more than a hundred of our users. After this feature now it is possible to find the page number where a particular node is located. Find the X, Y location and size of a node as rendered on the page and split & extract individual pages from a document. Enumerate the individual elements on a page, e.g pages, lines, spans and add a different image to each page of a document (without using the header or footer). The first version of Aspose.Words was released in late 2003 and since then everyone on the Aspose.Words team has been working hard, releasing new versions every month or so packed full with features and improvements. As a result we have a great product with many releases under our belt. However we have noticed that from that versioning scheme it is hard to know what version belongs to what release date, which when dealing with subscriptions can make for some confusion. Therefore starting with this month’s release we are making it easier to track both Aspose.Words for .NET and Aspose.Words for Java versions by using the scheme <Year>.<Month>.<Hotfix>. Because this month’s release is for January 2013, this month’s version of Aspose.Words is 13.1.0. Next month it will be 13.2.0 and so forth. To make things better and easier for both our developers and the users of Aspose.Words, we have decided to dismiss support for the .NET Framework 1.1 from the Aspose.Words for .NET product. This means starting from this release we no longer ship the special DLLs targeting the .NET Framework 1.1 with Aspose.Words for .NET. The list of most notable new and improved features in this release are listed below
- The .NET Framework 1.1 is no longer supported.
- Extended public API for working with fields in the document.
- Added public API to find on which page a particular document element is laid out.
- Layout performance improved by at least 10%.
- Improvements to layout of nested objects and tables.
- Improvements to rendering of special RTL characters and content of SDT tags.
- Added support for binary OLE objects in OpenDocument (ODT) documents.
- LISTNUM, AUTONUM and similar numbering fields are supported when rendering.
- Import of SVG images in HTML is supported.
- DrawingML line caps are rendered.
- DrawingML Chart custom axis title rotation and other features are rendered.
- Add "text:table-of-content" import/export
- Consider exposing pagination information for document elements.
- Consider exposing layout information of nodes.
- img.border is ignored when loading HTML
- Rework FORMCHECKBOX rendering.
- Support custom axis titles rotation angle
- Arrows inside the DML are missing in PDF
- Provide Lockheed Martin with a feature they want (native Page Finder implementation)
- Implement public FieldCollection
- Provide a Warning during layout of documents with hyphenation
- Table borders rendering at the very bottom edge of Page in Pdf
- Hanging punctuation is now applied to header
- Provide events in the API similar to those provided by Word.Application and Word.Document classes
- Support import of images from HTML using embed, object and iframe tags
- Move calculation of Font from LayoutSpan.Font to new method in class LprSpan
- Bottom or top margins are corrected when the header or footer height is not set and calculated automatically
- /listnum/ AUTONUM fields missing is resolved during Rendering/Converting to PDF
- AUTONUMLGL fields missing is resolved during Rendering/Converting to PDF
- Text alignment in RTL document is now preserved when converting to HTML
- /listnum/ List numbering is corrected in PDF (LISTNUM fields)
- /listnum/ Docx to PDF conversion Numbering issue is resolved
- /listnum/ AUTONUM fields are getting lost when rendering to PDF is fixed
- A shading overlaps a line above is fixed
- Fixed error occurs during perspective projection
- DML images are shifted down vertically from their expected position in Pdf
- FontSettings.DefaultFontName now work while rendering PDF/XPS
- Styles.AddCopy break the link between paragraph/character styles is fixed
- A Normal Table overlaps a floating Table in PDF
- Doc to RTF conversion issue with TC fields is resolved
- Unicode control characters become visible in PDF and TIFF files is fixed
- Fixed incorrect pattern fill of 3D objects
- Support checkbox color rendering
- System.InvalidOperationException : XPS file <file> does not conform is corrected
- Incorrect encoding usage is fixed while loading TXT file.
- Percent sign (%) is located incorrectly in RTL text is fixed
- Silverlight Pdf vierwers now display chinese text in Pdf
- Perform fallback to GDI+ rendering for EMF EMR_ALPHABLEND record
- Quotation marks are now preserved during importing HTML into DOM
- Analysis of a new version of HTML Agility Pack library
- Remove support for .NET Framework 1.1 from the installer and documentation
- Document.Save method do not save the Shape correctly is now fixed.
- Paragraphs with bullet list do not export correctly in Fixed File Format is fixed
- Docx to Fixed file format conversion issue with bullets position
- Docx to PDF conversion issue with text rendering is resolved
- The Chart's axis values are different after conversion from Docx to PDF is fixed
- Data Lable '1' is not displayed fully in PDF as displayed in input doc is fixed
- ExecuteWithRegions turns a mustache region into a normal TableStart/TableEnd region
- RemoveEmptyParagraphs now remove empty Paragraphs left by Mustache regions
- DML line AutoShape is positioned incorrectly in Pdf is fixed
- Docx can now be opened in MS Word 2010 after saving it from Aspose.Words.
- Shapes are now preserved during open/save FlatOpc
- Shape is now visible when appending documents
- Shape gradient fill is now rendered correctly
- History of tracked formatting changes is lost after conversion from RTF to Docx is fixed
- Online Pdf Repair Tool reports a corruption in Pdf that is produced by Aspose.Words is fixed
- Number formatting is corrected in Dutch culture.
- A rotated DML is now positioned correctly in PDF
- Checkbox rendering issue while conversion from Doc to PDF is resolved
- Two Paragraph should display on single line during Doc to Rtf conversion is fixed
- Custom numbering template has wrong characters in Rtf is fixed
- Docx to RTF conversion issue with page number format is resolved
- Vertical borders disappear after saving to docx is fixed
- Docx to PDF conversion issue while using Aspose.Words with Parallel.ForEach is fixed
- Shape is moved towards the left page edge in fixed page formats is corrected
- Arabic (RTL) text is rendering incorrectly to Pdf is now fixed
- Table border lost during rendering a Docx to Pdf is fixed
- Aspose.Words produces a corrupt XPS file is now fixed
- MS Word 2010 crashes when DrawingML docPr Id is negative is fixed
- Document.UpdateFields do not update the TOC field correctly is fixed
- Appending Documents with Pictures causes corrupt output Docx is resolved
- UpdateFields now insert text from a URL starting with HTTP
- Docx crashes when DrawingML docPr Id is negative is fixed
- Extra columns are added after conversion from HTML to DOC is fixed
- Gradient brush transforms is corrected
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to Save Document as a Multipage TIFF: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/How+to++Save+Document+as+a+Multipage+TIFF
- OOXML Chart Rendering Supported Features: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/OOXML+Chart+Rendering+Supported+Features
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/index.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066