Custom Encoding for Worksheet to HTML, Load Excel Files with Drop Down
(Jan 28 2013 - 09:35:44 PM
) - [print blog
What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.4.0 has been released. This month’s release supports specifying a custom encoding type when saving to HTML. This month’s release includes an enhancement for advanced conditional formatting when converting worksheet to image files. We have also made an enhancement to the Microsoft Excel ruler which is not displayed when setting Page Layout view. We have improved the performance of Excel to PDF rendering, sometimes the process hanged a bit for certain Excel files. In this release, several important issues have been addressed. For example, issues around rendering spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX etc.), protecting sheets, rendering PivotTables, encrypting files and exporting to PDF have been resolved. We have made a few enhancements in Aspose.Cells for .NET’s web based Grid control. For example, GridWeb can now read list data validations in the template file and you can write code for drawing object and shape Click events. We also made enhancements and fixes so that the GridWeb control works smoothly with browser types other than Internet Explorer types (for example, Google Chrome, FireFox, and Safari) when performing insert and edit operations. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Support custom encoding for saving HTML file
- Load Excel files with drop downs – List data validation.
- Support click event for drawing objects / shapes
- Directly type value in a cell is not supported on Chrome, FireFox and Safari
- Issue while using the keyboard to navigate to any cell to enter value
- Rendering advanced conditional formatting in Sheet-to-Image feature
- Ruler is invisible in Page Layout view is now fixed
- Pivot table’s refresh and calculating data issue is fixed
- HLOOKUP with INDIRECT formulas bug is fixed
- Unprotect worksheet fails for the files saved with Excel 2013 is now fixed
- Footer’s page number issue in export to PDF is resolved
- AcceptAllRevisions is now applied properly when saving Workbook to streams
- Corrupted checkboxes rendered on save is now fixed
- Decrypting a password protected file corrupts the file is fixed
- Corrupted name ranges on save is fixed.
- Locale settings now working for a cell with a DataTime formatting
- Error in formatting a document with simple quote in the Header tab column is resolved.
- Formatting specific characters in a string is now working for an XLSX file
- GridWeb’s validation menu list will now word on menu items which contain Dollar sign -"$"
- Copy-Paste issue is resolve for web grid which is not working for Chrome, FireFox etc.
- GridWeb’s validation menu list is refreshed after updating the referenced cell value
- Hanging issue is resolved when saving to PDF format
- Incorrect formula calculation results are fixed
- Data source of the chart was changed after combining workbooks
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Save Each Worksheet to a Different PDF File: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Save+Each+Worksheet+to+a+Different+PDF+File
- Advanced Protection Settings since Excel XP: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Advanced+Protection+Settings+since+Excel+XP
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.
More about Aspose.Cells for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/index.html
- Demos of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/demos/java-components/aspose.cells/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Cells for Java Forum:
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Cells for Java blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.cells-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066