Aspose.Newsletter September 2012 Edition is Out Now
(Sep 04 2012 - 12:26:34 AM
) - [print blog
Aspose Newsletter for September 2012 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows recognizing Barcodes in PDFs with Aspose.Pdf & Aspose.BarCode. A migration tip for Adding Tasks to Projects with Aspose.Tasks for .NET vs VSTO & video tutorial shows How to create Mail Merge template for use in Aspose.Words.
Aspose New Ventures
Aspose has developed a number of different tools that help us work and communicate more effectively within the company. We have decided to share some of these tools. Our new ventures, Saaspose, GroupDocs, Codeporting and Banckle, give developers and individuals access to the products that we use the most. Visitors to Aspose.com are probably already familiar with Banckle, the venture that provides the website’s Live Chat feature, as well as other collaborative tools. Developers working in the cloud benefit from Saaspose, cloud-based file management APIs based on Aspose’s most popular products. Codeporting is also aimed at developers and helps port .NET code to Java. GroupDocs is a suite of online document management tools and APIs aimed at professionals who need to sign, convert, assemble and collaborate on documents. View complete details: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/news-release/archive/2012/08/17/announcing-new-ventures-saaspose-groupdocs-banckle-and-codeporting.html
Product Spotlight: Aspose.Cells
Aspose.Cells for .NET and Aspose.Cells for Java gives you control of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets so that you can work with them easily in your applications. Open, read, save and create spreadsheets, add or remove data, control formatting, work with charts and drawings, control formulas, add pivot tables and much more. The easy-to-use APIs saves time and effort by giving you access to our file format expertise. We also have Aspose.Cells available for SharePoint, SQL Server Reporting Services and JasperReports so that you can output files to native Microsoft Excel formats. View complete details about Aspose.Cells Product Family: http://www.aspose.com/categories/product-family-packs/aspose.cells-product-family/default.aspx
Technical Article – Recognize Barcodes in PDFs with Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.BarCode
Aspose.Pdf for .NET works with our other .NET components to provide powerful document management features. Several of our customers embed barcodes into PDF files and then need to be able to read those barcodes. We have a technical article that explains how to use Aspose.Pdf with Aspose.BarCode to perform this task. Click below to read the complete article: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfnet/Convert+PDF+pages+to+Images+and+recognize+BarCodes
Updates about new product releases
1. Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
2. Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.3.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx - improvements to conditional formatting, HTLM and PDF output and various fixes.
3. Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx - our monthly Aspose.Words release.
4. Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/default.aspx - adds support for extended form fill-in and save in Acrobat Reader, list of imported fields and a number of fixes.
5. Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx - set gap width and depth in 3D column charts, and a number of fixes.
6. Aspose.BarCode for .NET 5.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/default.aspx – support for Database Expanded generation and improved Code128 recognition.
7. Aspose.Diagram for .NET 2.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.diagram-for-.net/default.aspx – render diagram to SWF, with or without SWF viewer.
8. Aspose.Tasks for .NET 4.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx – write updated data back to MPPs.
9. Aspose.Imaging for .NET 1.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.imaging-for-.net/default.aspx - flip GIF files and scale GIF and TIFF files.
10. Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.total-for-java/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Java products.
11. Aspose.Cells for Java 7.3.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx - improvements to conditional formatting, HTLM and PDF output and various fixes.
12. Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx - our monthly Aspose.Words release.
13. Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.6: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.slides-for-java/default.aspx - various fixes that improves rendering and output issues.
14. Aspose.BarCode for Java 4.5.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.barcode-for-java/default.aspx - a maintenance release that improves cross-product interactions.
15. Aspose.Email for Java 2.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.email-for-java/default.aspx – create standard folders in PST files, check if PST is Unicode or ASCII and a number of improvements and fixes.
16. Aspose.Total for SharePoint: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.total-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
17. Aspose.Words for SharePoint 2.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.words-for-sharepoint/default.aspx - improved EMF rendering, support for embedded EMF+ rendering, support for hidden rows and a number of other improvements.
18. Aspose.Slides for SharePoint 1.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.slides-for-sharepoint/entry406080.aspx - adds user interface elements for a slide viewer.
19. Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint 1.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.pdf-for-sharepoint/default.aspx - add a barcode to PDF files in a document library.
20. Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.total-for-reporting-services/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
21. Aspose.BarCode for SSRS 5.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.barcode-for-reporting-services/default.aspx - support for Database OmniDirectional, Limited and Expanded generation, and Code32 (Pharmacode).
22. Aspose.Slides for SSRS 4.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.slides-for-reporting-services/default.aspx - display Aspose.Slides export option in ReportViewer 2010 and a couple of fixes.
23. Aspose.Total for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose-total-for-jasperreports/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
24. Aspose.BarCode for JasperReports 1.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.barcode-for-jasperreports/default.aspx - supports ITF6 generation and automatic checksum calculation for ITF14.
Tutorial Video – How to Create a Mail Merge Template for use in Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words for .NET helps developers automate a lot of document activities, for example mail merges. Before performing a mail merge, you need to add fields to a template which is then populated from a data source. The mail merge process helps you create large runs of letters, contracts, reports and so on. We have a tutorial video that shows you how to prepare a mail merge template. Click below to watch the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9uJmgtu9pM&feature=youtu.be
Migration Tip – Adding Tasks to Projects with Aspose.Tasks for .NET vs VSTO
Aspose.Tasks for .NET lets developers work with Microsoft Project files directly, independently of Microsoft Office Automation. Aspose.Tasks gives you the power to create, open and manipulate project files. A crucial activity when working with projects is adding tasks. Aspose.Tasks and VSTO both lets you do this and we have an article that shows how the two approaches differ. Read the complete migration tip here: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/tasksnet/Adding+a+New+Task+with+Aspose.Tasks+vs+VSTO
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, September 2012 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2012/09/01/aspose-newsletter-september-2012.html
- Collect the Japanese version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2012/09/01/aspose-%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC-2012%E5%B9%B4-9%E6%9C%88.html
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspose/21217093093
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066