Protect Workbook from Unauthorized Access by Assigning Password in Cloud
(Jul 30 2012 - 06:11:41 PM
) - [print blog
What’s new in this release?
The latest version of Saaspose.Cells now offers to secure your workbooks from unauthorized access. You can protect your workbook to prevent others from making changes to the layout of the worksheets in a workbook. Saaspose.Cells allows you to assign password to your workbook to make sure that only authorized access is permitted to edit the structure and layout such as moving, adding or deleting worksheets in a workbook. Similarly, you can unprotect workbook to allow the access for making any changes to the workbook. Once you unprotect your workbook by providing the existing password, the layout and structure of the workbook can be modified by anyone. You can refer to our comprehensive documentation that guides you through the complete features and examples of Saaspose.Cells. All you need to do is download the required SDKs of Saaspose.Cells and enhance the productivity of your applications in the cloud.You can protect and unprotect your workbooks easily using the feature rich Saaspose.Cells REST API. Following is list of Saaspose.Cells REST examples that can be used for protect and unprotect requirements of your spreadsheets.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Saaspose.Cells documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Saaspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Protect a Workbook (.NET REST): http://sialkot.saaspose.com/docs/display/cells/Protect+a+Workbook+%28.NET+REST%29
- Protect a Workbook (Java REST): http://sialkot.saaspose.com/docs/display/cells/Protect+a+Workbook+%28Java+REST%29
Saaspose.Cells is a REST based API for processing spreadsheets in the cloud. It allows creating, manipulating and converting spreadsheets in your web, desktop, mobile and cloud applications. It supports rows, columns, cells, text, data, images, hyperlinks, comments, formulas & many other aspects of spreadsheet. It can be used with any language to incorporate the spreadsheet processing features in any type of business application. It is a platform independent API & can be used with any language.
More about Saaspose.Cells
- Homepage of Saaspose.Cells: http://saaspose.com/api/cells
- Download latest available Saaspose.Cells SDKs: http://sialkot.saaspose.com/docs/display/cells/1.3+-+Saaspose.Cells+SDKs
- Online documentation of Saaspose.Cells: http://sialkot.saaspose.com/docs/display/cells/Home
- Saaspose.Cells REST API Live Examples: http://sialkot.saaspose.com/docs/display/cells/1.4+-+Saaspose.Cells+REST+Live+Examples
- Ask technical questions/queries from Saaspose Support Team: http://saaspose.com/support/contact-us
Aspose Pty Ltd, Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066