Read/Write MHT Files, XML Maps Support & Apply Excel Themes to Charts
(Jul 18 2012 - 01:38:37 AM
) - [print blog
What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.3.0 has been released. This month’s release included some valuable new features, enhancements to existing features and resolution of the reported issues. One of the new features introduced in this release is the ability to open and save MHT files. We have also introduced a feature that lets you apply MS Excel Themes / Colors to Charts. Another one is a long awaiting feature, Support XML maps. The component also supports the settings for Transition Formula Evaluation.
We have worked to improve Excel to PDF conversion. We have also enhanced the Formula Calculation Engine. We fixed number of issues and performed other enhancements regarding different features of MS Excel as well. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Read and Write MHT files
- Supports XML maps
- Apply MS Excel 2007/2010 themes to charts
- Supports settings for Transition Formula Evaluation
- Enhanced Format cell values with user specified locale
- Named range was created twice is fixed now
- sortNames() method caused exception when saving an XLSM file is now fixed
- Number formation issue is resolved and now working correctly for fraction
- Blank PDF generated for PrintOrderType.OVER_THEN_DOWN is fixed
- Background color and grids are corrected in the generated PDF
- Intercept and Slope functions are now calculating correctly
- Remove 33k limit of Pivot field items for Excel 2007 file formats is now fixed
- DATEDIF formula now calculates correctly
- Incorrect lookup of cells in case of named row is now fixed
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Converting to MHTML Files: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Converting+to+MHTML+Files
- Setting Charts Appearance: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Setting+Charts+Appearance
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Java
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.
More about Aspose.Cells for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/index.html
- Demos of Aspose.Cells for Java: http://www.aspose.com/demos/java-components/aspose.cells/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Cells for Java Forum:
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Cells for Java blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.cells-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066