Use Background Images in Headers/Footers & Adding TOC in SQL Reports
(Jun 21 2012 - 02:55:24 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 3.6.0 has been released. This release introduces SSRS Report Rectangle Background Image Rendering to Word. Now you can use background images in headers/footers, rectangles and textboxes. Now users can add Table of contents by inserting a simple textbox with text TOC in its ToolTip field. Note that you will need to update TOC manually after opening of the document. We continue working to enable automatic TOC refresh (no need of manual update). The list of new & improved features in this release are listed below
- SSRS Report Rectangle Background Image Rendering to Word
- Adding Table of Contents in AWRS2008
- RepeatOnNewPage property of the static header row in a tablix is fixed
- Table Headers not repeated for matrix report is now fixed
- Page break within a rectangle not working for Aspose.words for Reporting services is fixed
- Aspose.Words for RS2008 Abnormal separation of Tablix Data
- Placeholder set as HTML-interpret HTML tags as styles; now properly working
- The heading section of report is now exported in Doc/Docx file
- improved Chart images saving in generated HTML file
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for Reporting Services documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Integrate with Microsoft Report Viewer in Local Mode: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/Integrate+with+Microsoft+Report+Viewer+in+Local+Mode
- Same Reports from Report Server, Report Viewer and Report Designer: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/Same+Reports+from+Report+Server%2C+Report+Viewer+and+Report+Designer
Overview: Aspose.Words for Reporting Services
Aspose.Words for Reporting Services is a rendering extension for Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 Reporting Services (32 bit & 64 bit). It allows you to export your RDL reports to flow layout documents and provides comprehensive support for exporting them to DOCX, DOC, HTML, MHTML, RTF, TXT and WordML formats. All RDL report features including tables, report columns, matrices, charts, textboxes, lists, images, rectangles and subreports are also converted to Microsoft Word documents.
More about Aspose.Words for Reporting Services
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/categories/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.words-for-reporting-services/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.words-for-reporting-services/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/Home
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for Reporting Services Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for Reporting Services blog at: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-words-product-family.html
Aspose Pty Ltd, Suite 163,
79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066