New Mustache Template Syntax for Mail Merge & Better Docs Conversion
(Apr 09 2012 - 06:30:59 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET & Java (11.2.0) has been released. The latest release can now see up to 50% conversion speed improvements during document conversion. Aspose.Words is built primarily to work with Microsoft Word documents. These formats are complex and contain numerous numbers of features. Aspose.Words is renowned for its high level of support for Word document features and now we have the lists to prove it. These lists which are available for both .NET and Java, describe the support for the most common features that you, the customer, look for during conversion of documents from one format to another. It describes any limitations (if there are any) during conversion either due to the document format not supporting the particular feature or any limitations to do with Aspose.Words. You will find that most features on the import pages come with detailed information about how the feature is imported into Aspose.Words and how it is represented in the Aspose.Words Document Object Model. We also provide handy hyperlinks for features in the documentation for further reading. We now provide a list of what tags are loaded during HTML import and what feature they correspond to. There is also a list which describes the HTML tags that are written for a particular document feature during export to HTML. We have made these lists as accurate as possible and are continually improving them. It also includes Introduction of the “Mustache” Template Syntax for Mail Merge. There are 150 improvements and fixes in this regular monthly release. The list of most notable new and improved features in this release are listed below
- Math equations can be imported/exported to RTF;
- Move revisions are supported;
- New “mustache” templating engine syntax is supported;
- Performance improvements for large documents;
- Detailed documentation about what features are supported in each document format;
- Linked textboxes are supported in layout and rendering;
- Subsetting of OpenType fonts with PostScript outlines in rendering.
- Make image type to string conversion method public
- Verify and test that special symbols related to dates, times and numbers work
- Consider exposing Font property of Shape.
- Support DOCX document encryption
- Right aligned tabs are not rendered properly.
- Create a list of HTML features supported/unsupported upon importing HTML.
- Vertical alignment of text inside text box is ignored upon rendering.
- Support subsetting OpenType fonts with PostScript outlines
- Links to sub-document are lost after open/save document.
- Improve mail merge and bookmark performance.
- Allow accessing Hyperlink property of DrawingML objects.
- Preserve Equations formulas during open/save RTF.
- /linked textboxes/ Textbox with text is missing during rendering.
- Export conforming paragraph borders to HTML
- Expose Name and Descriptions and other properties of DrawingML
- Implement Unified methods for Load and Save warnings across all Conversions formats
- Create a list of unsupported tags when exporting to RTF
- Create a list of features supported during import for all supported formats
- Create a list of features supported during export for all supported formats
- Improve DeleteFields functionality.
- /linked textboxes/ Support rendering of linked textboxes.
- Public fields API - Complete implementing settable field code.
- DOCX to DOC conversion issue : Some contents are missing
- Support NumberStyle.Hebrew1 - docx to html conversion problem
- Add new templating engine behavior to mail merge
- Create voice over script for the merging data into a document video
- Add TempFolder save option for DOCX format
- Create tables from DataTable easily
- Add an option to specify paragraph styles that go into the outline.
- Subdocuments not supported.
- Provide "user friendly" export/import feature descriptions
- Compulsory downloading of referenced images when document is opened can cause unwelcome delays is now fixed.
- Tracking changes are now visible when converting RTF to DOC
- Update detailed supported features spreadsheet
- Export cross references to HTML and Aspose.Pdf XML
- Strike through option of paragraph break now work.
- Bookmarks missing are now fixed from the document after open/save.
- Text appears too close to table border upon rendering is now fixed.
- Shape disappears during open/save.
- Nested table now looks very good in OpenOffice.
- Bottom border of heading row successfully rendered.
- Improve field result output using new traversal facility
- A table inside the textbox is now rendered correctly.
- Support rendering of compound lines in PDF
- INCLUDETEXT field is updated by AW differently than using MS Word is now fixed.
- Some bookmarks missing are resolved upon loading the document.
- Bookmarks lost are fixed after open/save document.
- Check how ePUB produced by Aspose.Words works on "Sony PRS-650"
- Wrong numbering style when convert to pdf or xps is fixed.
- Document looks different when converted to pdf or xps.
- Table inside a frame is now handled properly.
- Strip page numbers from the TOC
- End-notes lost issues is resolved after rendering.
- Create a list of supported and unsupported features for all formats supported by AW
- WMF images are now displayed correctly during rendering.
- Layout gets disturbed upon converting DOCX with FormFields to PDF
- Paragraphs inside SDTs get separated by extra space in PDF
- Change default values AddSpaceBetweenFarEastAndAlpha/AddSpaceBetweenFarEastAndDigit to true in Model
- Thick cell border overlaps the text below
- TestSvg.TestEmbeddedFonts and TestSvg.TestPlacedGlyphs sometimes are red.
- Create voice over script for one of the AW tutorial videos
- Incorrect style is fixed while saving document object as Pdf.
- Create more voice over scripts for videos
- Add "generated by" comments into SVG documents.
- Wrong font is selected for list numbers.
- Track Changes (Revisions) are lost on open/save
- Aspose.Words hangs is fixed during loading the DOC
- Refactor converting integers to various text formats is fixed
- Add a property controlling comments visibility in the document.
- Bullet symbols lost upon exporting to HTML is fixed
- Introduce an enumeration to distinguish the different types of font source types
- Update the EULA shipped with the installer
- Add further reference links and information to features
- Check through list of supported features during conversion from Word to ODT format
- Add common user requested features and features found on JIRA to the features list
- Upload supported features list to the online documentation
- Export page background to HTML
- Preserve spelling and grammar state during Open Save Open
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to Load and Save a Document to Database: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/How+to++Load+and+Save+a+Document+to+Database
- How to Convert a Document to MHTML and Email: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/How+to++Convert+a+Document+to+MHTML+and+Email
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/index.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066