Apply Advanced Conditional Formatting & Data Filtering to PivotTables
(Jan 17 2012 - 06:26:04 AM
) - [print blog
What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.1.0 has been released. It includes a number of a number of enhancements for Pivot Tables. The formula calculation engine is further improved now. In older versions, you can utilize advanced conditional formatting (Excel 2007/2010) and filtering data features on general data but not on pivot data. Now, you can apply conditional formatting and filter data on Pivot Tables. Moreover, we have also supported some missing options (get/set) regarding Pivot Tables. In this release, we’ve improved formula calculation engine that you can calculate huge list of formulas (in the template file) in quick time. Also, you can take advantage of calculating formulas on your desired cells only. The desktop based Grid control provided by Aspose.Cells for .NET, now, supports to read Excel files with grouping data options on. This release includes few new and plenty of enhanced features as listed below
- Support to apply Conditional Formatting to Pivot Tables
- MS Excel’s Grouping Data feature while importing to the GridDesktop
- Read configuration of Group Fields in Pivot Tables
- NullReferenceException when opening document with auto-formatted Pivot Table
- Pivot Table’s filtering in MS Excel 2007 and later versions
- Enhanced Chart’s formatting issue
- Copying worksheet are improved
- Smart Marker Tags conversion
- Missing properties (Pivot Table)
- Missing properties (Pivot Field)
- Now correct property value in XLS format
- Pivot Field’s items value in the grouped fields is corrected.
- Improved Reading items from cache (Pivot Field)
- Problems opening a SpreadsheetML file is fixed.
- Enhanced performance on adding range names
- Memory exception and formula calculations on cells are improved.
- Importing an XLSX file to the GridWeb issues are resolved.
- Problem with default paper size is fixed.
- Issue with refreshing pivot table in an Excel workbook is resolved.
- Dirty right border on image when converting XLS to PDF is fixed
- Multiple issues found while upgrading from v18.104.22.168 to v22.214.171.124 are fixed.
- Now can include Row/Column Headings and Comments in the TIFF file
- Excel-to-Html - word-wrap problem is resolved.
- Error in the output PDF document is fixed.
- Enhanced reading all data from the base fields of Pivot Table
- Opening ODS files issue is fixed
- Cell border rendering issue is fixed.
- XLS file crashes MS Excel 2007 is fixed.
- Updating XLSX file with Pivot Table causes Excel to display error is now fixed
- Excel 2007 workbook with multiple colored tables is now rendered in the converted PDF file
- Using the Fitting Sheet on One Page option in Excel to convert to PDF now working
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Adding Cell Controls in Worksheets: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/adding-cell-controls-in-worksheets.html
- List of Supported Number Formats: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/list-of-supported-number-formats.html
Overview: Aspose.Cells for .NET
Aspose.Cells is a .NET component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. It supports robust formula calculation engine, pivot tables, VBA, workbook encryption, named ranges, spreadsheet formatting, drawing objects like images, OLE objects and importing or creating charts. You can also create Excel file using designer spreadsheet, smart marker or API and apply formulae and functions. It supports CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007.
More about Aspose.Cells for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx
- Product Overview for Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/product-overview.html
- Download Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/index.html
- Demos of Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.cells/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Cells for .NET Forum:
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Cells for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.cells-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066