Aspose.Newsletter January 2012 Edition is out Now
(Jan 02 2012 - 04:21:49 AM
) - [print blog
Aspose Newsletter for January 2012 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows applying protection to a presentation with Aspose.Slides for .NET & a migration tip for joining documents into a new document with Aspose.Words. A video tutorial for Importing data from a database with Aspose.Cells for Java.
Wishing you all a great new 2012
Welcome to 2012! December and January are months for reflection and like many other companies, we have spent some time looking back at the year that past and thinking about what we want to achieve in the year ahead. 2011 was a good year for Aspose. We released five new products. We improved our existing products in more ways that you can easily count. Our users helped us win community awards. To give back to the community, we supported user groups and conferences. Our all new Consulting services gave us some really interesting projects. We even reached 10,000 customers. In 2012, we want to keep this momentum and continue to deliver services and products that our users really need. Watch this space.
Product Spotlight – Aspose.OCR for .NET
Aspose.OCR for .NET is a character recognition component that allows developers to add OCR functionality to their ASP.NET applications. It provides a simple set of classes for controlling character recognition. Click here to download the latest release of Aspose.OCR for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.ocr_for_.net/default.aspx
Technical Article – Applying protection to a presentation with Aspose.Slides for .NET
Aspose provides security features beyond those offered by Microsoft PowerPoint. One of the things that we let you do is lock shapes and groups in the document so that they cannot be edited. You can then distribute the presentation in the knowledge that no one can manipulate it. Click below to read the complete article: www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/applying-protection-on-presentation.html
Updates about new product releases
1. Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest .NET products.
2. Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.0.4: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx - a hotfix that improves performance and adds three new features.
3. Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx - our monthly Aspose.Words release.
4. Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/default.aspx - allows you to set page background colour and attach MP3 files to a PDF, along with other improvements.
5. Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx – allows you to recognize presentations with signatures and add chart and other shapes to placeholders.
6. Aspose.BarCode for .NET 4.4.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/default.aspx – hotfix that fixes a couple of platform specific issues.
7. Aspose.Diagram for .NET 1.7.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.diagram-for-.net/default.aspx – adds support for rendering shadows on shapes and a number of enhancements and fixes.
8. Aspose.Imaging for .NET 1.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.imaging-for-.net/default.aspx – adds support for creating and opening indexed PSD.
9. Aspose.Email for .NET1.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx – adds printing support for message, access to default folders and several other features and fixes.
10. Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.total-for-java/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Java products.
11. Aspose.Cells for Java 7.0.4: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx – adds support for LightCellsDataProvider and a number of other features and fixes.
12. Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx – our monthly Aspose.Words release.
13. Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java 4.0.1: www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.pdf.kit-for-java/default.aspx – hotfix that improves text replacement performance.
14. Aspose.BarCode for Java 4.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.barcode-for-java/default.aspx – now in line with Aspose.BarCode for .NET.
15. Aspose.Metafiles for Java 1.7.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.metafiles-for-java/default.aspx – hotfix that improves text replacement performance.
16. Aspose.Email for Java 1.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.email-for-java/default.aspx – allows you to create PST files, add a BCC field to MHT headers, identify mail folders in PST files and more.
17. Aspose.Total for SharePoint: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.total-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
18. Aspose.Cells for SharePoint 2.0.2: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.cells-for-sharepoint/default.aspx - improved shape rendering.
19. Aspose.Pdf for SharePoint 1.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.cells-for-sharepoint/default.aspx - allows SharePoint users to export Wiki pages and more to PDF.
20. Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.total-for-reporting-services/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
21. Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 3.4.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.words-for-reporting-services/default.aspx - adds support for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services and other fixes and features.
22. Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.slides-for-reporting-services/default.aspx - improves performance and adds another few fixes.
23. Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services 4.4.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.barcode-for-reporting-services/default.aspx - improves performance and adds another few fixes
24. Aspose.Total for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose-total-for-jasperreports/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
Tutorial Video – Importing data from a database with Aspose.Cells for Java
Spreadsheets are great for working with and presenting data. But how do you get the data in there in the first place? Learn how to read data from a MDB file using JDBC-ODBC and import it into a worksheet using Aspose.Cells for Java. Click below to watch the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVP6TfmFxD8&lr=1
Migration Tip – Joining documents with Aspose.Words for .NET
This migration tip compares how to join documents into a new document using Microsoft Automation and Aspose.Words for .NET. Aspose.Words offers two great benefits over Microsoft Automation: it is stable and works independently of Microsoft Word. You can find the complete details here: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/joining-documents-together.html
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, January 2012 edition
Collect the English version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2012/01/01/aspose-newsletter-january-2012.html
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Connect with us on Post a question on our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspose/21217093093
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066