ActiveX Controls in DOCX Documents & Custom Footnote Marks Rending
(Dec 07 2011 - 03:07:06 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET & Java (10.7.0) has been released. Support for OLE objects embedded in Word documents has been available in Aspose.Words for long time. ActiveX control is a technology related to OLE. ActiveX controls are stored in the same way as OLE objects in the binary .DOC documents and they have been already supported by Aspose.Words. But ActiveX controls stored in OOXML documents are stored differently to OLE objects and they were not supported by Aspose.Words during DOCX open/save cycles. Footnotes and endnotes in Word documents always have a reference mark. Most of the time, the reference mark is an auto-generated number, such as i, ii, iii etc. But it turns our many customers actually use custom characters as reference mark for footnotes and endnotes, for example “*”. This Aspose.Words release addresses a long-standing feature request to support proper rendering of footnotes and endnotes with reference marks to PDF and other formats.The list of some of the important new and improved features in this release are listed below
• ActiveX controls are supported in DOCX documents.
• Custom footnote marks rendering.
• Improvements in rendering floating shapes.
• DrawingML rendering improvements.
• More field types are supported by the field update engine.
• Ability to specify a thumbnail image for EPUB documents.
• Improvements to 1bpp and also CMYK images in rendering.
• Better support for date and number formats in mail merges.
• Allow multiple paragraphs in endnote text in layout
• Support rendering of all MS Word gradient fills in PDF.
• Gradient now looks correct during rendering /converting to PDF.
• FitShapeToText option is fixed and now working correctly during rendering.
• Field values missing is fixed after open/save RTF document.
• OLE data lost upon reading RTF document is fixed.
• Line break in page header missing after convertign to DOC.
• Support opening Office 2010 password protected documents.
• Images missing is resolved on the first page when converted DOC to ODT
• Table of Figures and Table of Tables are updated
• Grouped shapes lose the gradient fill is fixed
• Add an option to specify the thumbnail image for EPUB
• Add support of relative units on table elements in HTML import.
• Enhanced RTF to PDF
• Embedded bitmap is converted to simple image
• Update SAVEDATE fields.
• Text and logo are shifted when printing PDF and DOC documents.
• List item issue is fixed when indented in ODT output
• Center alignment is not correct when render to pdf or xps
• Embedded zip is converted to simple image
• Header disappears is fixed after open/save.
• Support far east layout in RTF.
• DrawingML is corrected during rendering.
• Export multiple authors as a separate tags in ePub
• Footnote mark improperly rendering is fixed.
• Ole object broken issues if resolved.
• Gradient is rendering is fixed
• Upon Opening DOCX Exception is raised
• MHT file import is improved
• Support PAGEREF fields with options
• Add a lot of options to HTML export
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How-to: Print Multiple Pages on One Sheet: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-print-multiple-pages-on-one-sheet.html
- How-to: Convert a Document to MHTML and Email: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-convert-a-document-to-mhtml-and-email.html
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/index.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066