Page Layout & Memory Optimizations for Large Docs Conv. to PDF, XPS
(Oct 31 2011 - 12:36:33 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET & Java (10.6.0) has been released. In this release we have done some optimizations that reduce memory usage and increase speed when converting large documents to PDF, XPS or images. You should be able to convert bigger documents now. Our tests show 10-30% improvements. We are interested in your feedback too. We introduced a mechanism for the user to receive warnings from Aspose.Words during loading, converting and saving documents. Aspose.Words issues warnings whenever a minor or major formatting or data loss occurs when converting a document. Moreover there is improvement in the public API for working with tables in Aspose.Words. This release follows up with a new section in the documentation and many new code examples. The list of some of the important new and improved features in this release are listed below
• Page layout speed and memory usage are improved.
• More complete implementation of load and save warnings for loss of fidelity during document conversions.
• New section in the documentation dedicated to working with tables.
• Resolved automatic text color on shading in HTML export
• Export cross references to PDF
• DOCX document is truncated after table revision.
• Table is too wide after inserting it into another document.
• Page layout is too slow
• The InserImage method doesn't insert jpeg images correct.
• The inserted image should have 100% size.
• Support "full" WordArt rendering
• Pattern fill is scaled in rendering to graphics on Java
• Manually port TestPrintThumbnails
• Update documentation and samples for printing in Java
• Render to scale requires and returns wrong values
• Render to size returns wrong calculated scale
• Java-style public API for printing functionality: AsposeWordsPrintDocument, Document.print().
• java-specific public API for printing functionality
• OLE object is improved after open/save document using AW.
• Line shapes are 'reclined'
• Output docx is corrupted after converting rtf with footnote/endnote
• Top and bottom spacing in cells is fixed in output to HTML
• Heading font changed is fixed when rendering to PDF.
• Image in footer overlaps table is fixed in document body in ODT format
• Position of text inside Autoshape is corrected during rendering.
• Export cross references to PDF
• DOCX document truncation is fixed after table revision.
• Content lost is fixed upon loading DOCX document.
• Auto color is now properly exported to HTML
• Support Agile Encryption
• Support grayscale, color change and brightness & contrast effect in DrawingML pictures.
• DOCX file corruption is fixed after converting DOC to DOCX
• Quality of transparent picture is improved after rendering.
• Spacing issues between paragraphs in table is fixed.
• Aspose.Words hanging issues are resolved during rendering.
• Consider enabling assertions in Java samples
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Working with Tables: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/working-with-tables.html
- How-to: Mail Merge from XML using LINQ to XML? : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-mail-merge-from-xml-using-linq-to-xml.html
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/index.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066