Add Email Programming Features in ASP.NET Web & Windows Applications
(Oct 04 2011 - 10:57:17 PM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
We are happy to announce that Aspose.Network is changing in recognition of how our customers use it. Our customers mostly use Aspose.Network for email programming so we are changing the name to Aspose.Email. Since its release in 2005, the email features have become increasingly popular. Due to these wonderful features our customers are using Aspose.Network worldwide. We are changing the product name to reflect the way it is used and for the future development focus. The change makes it easier for existing and new customers to understand and use the Aspose.Email. Aspose.Email for .NET contains email programming features and Aspose.Network for .NET retains the network programming features. There are relatively few networking classes so Aspose.Network for .NET will become a utility.
The new version of Aspose.Email for .NET 1.0.0 has been released. This new Release includes support for most major email protocols and contains many utility classes to facilitate common development tasks and makes it easy to work with Microsoft Outlook PST, EML, MSG and MHT files. The main features and bug fixes added in this release are listed below
• Save winmail.dat attachment as MSG file
• Get mail address in smtp format
• Add new message to a folder in Exchange Server
• MSI installer issue for Vista x64 are fixed
• EmailValidator always return true for some mail servers
• Emails with HTML content are successfully saved from an OST file
• Exception is resolved in loading OST file
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Email for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Email for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Migration from Aspose.Network for .NET to Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/migration-from-aspose-network-for-net-to-aspose-email-for-net.html
- Top Reasons to Buy Aspose.Email: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/top-reasons-to-buy-aspose-email.html
- Getting Started with Programming Email: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/getting-started-with-programming-email.html
Overview: Aspose.Email for .NET
Aspose.Email for .NET is a set of components allowing developers to easily implement email functionality within their ASP.NET web applications, web services & Windows applications. It Supports Outlook PST, EML, MSG & MHT formats. It allows developers to work with SMTP, POP, FTP & MS Exchange servers. It supports mail merge, iCalendar, customized header & body, header information, embedded files, Twitter & many more. It makes it easy to work with HTML or plain text emails & their attachments.
More about Aspose.Email for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.email-for-.net/index.html
- Demos of Aspose.Email for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.network/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Email for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.email-product-family/499/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Email for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.network-for-.net/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066