Convert DOC, DOCX, RTF, HTML & ODT Documents to EPUB for Free
(Aug 26 2011 - 03:08:32 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
Aspose is proud to announce the public release of a free utility Aspose.Words Express 1.1.0. You can convert various types of documents (DOC, DOCX, RTF, HTML, ODT etc) to EPUB using Aspose.Words Express. This free utility to create EPUB files can be downloaded from Aspose.Words Express downloads section. This is a Zip package containing the executable of the utility and the license file. You can run this utility by clicking the executable included in the package.
Before converting the documents to EPUB format, you can specify various settings for the output EPUB file using Settings window of the Aspose.Words Express. Once you’re satisfied with all the settings for the output EPUB file, you can go to the ‘convert screen’ and specify input and output file paths along with their names.
If a user wants to convert documents to EPUB from time to time manually then you’re good to go with our free utility. However, if you want to convert many documents to EPUB and you want to automate this as well using you code then you’ll have to go with Aspose.Words. This component is available both for .NET and Java platforms. If you don’t want to automate the EPUB creation then be my guest, and enjoy the EPUB files, created using our free utility, on your favorite device.
About the EPUB format
EPUB is an XML-based distribution format for eBooks that is rapidly gaining adoption by publishers and distributors. EPUB is an open standard supported by the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) organization.
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words Express is a free standalone utility that allows users to easily convert DOC, DOCX, RTF, HTML and ODT documents to EPUB. The produced EPUB can be viewed on your mobile devices as well. It provides a bundle of useful options to specify for the conversion. These option include embed fonts, relative font sizes, image resolution, navigation map depth and splitting of a document into chapters. It is built using Aspose.Words for .NET, a document processing component developed by Aspose.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Download Aspose.Words Express : http://www.aspose.com/community/files/69/free-utilities/aspose.words-express/default.aspx
- Document Processing Component: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Convert a document to EPUB and read on iPod : http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/aspose-words-product-family/archive/2010/09/15/convert-a-document-to-epub-and-read-on-ipod.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for .NET blog : http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066