DOC to PDF Conversion on Windows, Linux & Mac OS Using Aspose.Words
(Jun 24 2011 - 01:39:58 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
Some people would say “there is more than one way to skin a cat”, but at Aspose we prefer saying that “there is one way or another you can run Aspose.Words”. We’ve taken DOC2PDF conversion as an example because it is a very simple to the user, but very important and complex feature of Aspose.Words. It is great to be able to show you it is working the way we say it is. Another old saying comes in handy “a picture is worth a thousand words” and a newer one “a video is worth a thousand pictures”.
Here are some other good things coming out of this exercise:
• Aspose.Words 10.2 due to release at end of June does not require setting the TrueType fonts folder like you see in these videos. It works automatically, but we kept it in the videos because it is still a very useful feature.
• The documentation that will be released with Aspose.Words 10.2 has been updated to include additional info about using Aspose.Words on various Linux distributions and in Mono projects.
Here are the videos in the HD format on YouTube, so you can see the computer screens with clarity:
Convert DOC to PDF on Windows using Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd3eT9_19vw
Convert DOC to PDF on Windows using Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4LdS853hUQ
Convert DOC to PDF on Linux using Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN1BQ7nDHxs
Convert DOC to PDF on Linux using Aspose.Words for .NET (using Mono): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1vcYiynkxE
The above videos show we work on Ubuntu, but in our tests we’ve done the same on openSUSE and CentOS too.
Mac OS X
Convert DOC to PDF on Mac OS using Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmxrAqX75MY
Convert DOC to PDF on Mac OS using Aspose.Words for .NET (using Mono): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaJNmT-xpFA
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables Java & .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
Homepage of Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/categories/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/index.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066