Aspose.Newsletter June 2011 Edition is out Now
(Jun 02 2011 - 04:45:49 AM
) - [print blog
Aspose Newsletter for June 2011 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article explains how to Producing multiple documents in a mail merge with Aspose.Words. A demo for synchronizing files in SharePoint document library with Dropbox & Wrapping text in cells in Aspose.Cells & VSTO in the technical tip section.
New Prices Launch July 1st – Buy Now To Beat the Increase
Over the past year we’ve introduced a number of new products, our full Aspose.SharePoint range, the very recent addition of Aspose.Diagram for .NET and Aspose.Network for Java as well as the constant updates of Aspose.Total. Going forward we don’t plan to stand still, we’re heavily investing in our full product range as well as R&D to bring you new file format related products that will help make your life easier and revolutionise your applications.
Despite this impressive portfolio our prices have remained the same for over five years. To allow us to continue providing excellent technical support as well as progressing the Aspose product portfolio we will be raising our prices on July 1st. In the meantime, please feel free to Buy before 1st July to save up to 20%: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-products/archive/2011/05/19/buy-before-1st-july-to-save-up-to-20.html
Announcing Aspose.Words 10 for .NET and Java
Aspose.Words 10 for .NET and Java have been released. The version 10.0 release represents a bold leap in functionality for Aspose.Words for Java. Version 10 adds a host of new features, from support for Wordprocessing ML 2003 and MHTML, nested mail merge regions, render to XPS and SWF, support for Custom XML and Structured Document Tags, DrawingML, footnotes, end notes and much more.
Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
Download Aspose.Words or Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx
Changes to Licensing
Some of our users find our license types and subscriptions confusing. To make them easier to understand, we have re-organised the purchase section of the website and renamed the license types. The new license names are: Developer Small business, Developer OEM, Site Small Business, Site OEM. The Small Business licenses map on to what was previously known as Enterprise licenses. If you have any questions, read our new FAQs at: http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/policies/default.aspx
Product Spotlight – Find out all about the Aspose.Pdf products merge
In the March newsletter, we mentioned that Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Pdf.Kit will get merged into one product. Since then, we have made good progress. Shahzad Latif, one of our developers, has been blogging about the project. In the last couple of weeks he has written a sneak peek of the merged product, an introduction to the merged API, a comparison of two approaches to performing a number of operations using the new product and an article about combining DOM API and Facade features. If you use Aspose.Pdf or Aspose.Pdf.Kit, the blogs gives you insight into what’s coming. They also give you a chance to take part in the discussion on the forums or around the posts.
Technical Article – Producing multiple documents in a mail merge with Aspose.Words for Java
A typical mail merge using Aspose.Word for Java creates just one document, for example an invoice or a letter. To create more than one document, repeat the mail merge several times and produce a separate document for each of the records in your data source. This article describes the process of looping though the rows in a table, loading a documents and performing a mail merge for each row. It comes complete with sample source code. Click below to read the complete article: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/howto-produce-multiple-documents-during-mail-merge.html
Updates about new product releases
1. Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.total-for-.net/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest .NET products.
2. Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.3.3: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx - render checkboxes in HTML, justified alignment in PDF and other new features and fixes.
3. Aspose.Words for .NET 10.0.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx - table of content improvements and a large number of fixes.
4. Aspose.Pdf for .NET 5.2.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/default.aspx - introduces image height control and a number of fixes, including PDF/A non-compliance.
5. Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.slides-for-.net/default.aspx - support for PPTM, PPSM & POTM formats and a number of fixes.
6. Aspose.Tasks for .NET 3.7.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.tasks-for-.net/default.aspx - adds feature for reading data from MPP files and a couple of fixes.
7. Aspose.Diagram for .NET 1.1.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.diagram-for-.net/default.aspx - adds feature for reading data from VSD files.
8. Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.total-for-java/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest Java products.
9. Aspose.Words for Java 10.1: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.words-for-java/default.aspx - table of content improvements and a large number of fixes.
10. Aspose.BarCode for Java 2.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.barcode-for-java/default.aspx - adds OPC and Leitcode barcode recognition and generation, and VIN barcode recognition.
11. Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.total-for-reporting-services/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products.
12. Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.2.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.pdf-for-reporting-services/default.aspx - a number of fixes and TOC management enhancements.
13. Aspose.Total for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose-total-for-jasperreports/default.aspx - a compilation of our latest JasperReports products.
14. Aspose.Slides for JasperReports 1.6.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.slides-for-jasperreports/default.aspx - a couple of fixes for issues with export and image scaling.
15. Aspose.BarCode for JasperReports 1.5.0: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.barcode-for-jasperreports/default.aspx - adds Deutsche Post Leitcode and OPC barcode generation.
16. Aspose.Total for SharePoint: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/73/sharepoint-components/aspose.total-for-sharepoint/default.aspx – a compilation of our latest SharePoint products.
Tutorial Video – Synchronizing files in SharePoint document library with Dropbox
Aspose.Network for SharePoint provides email conversion as well as email and file synchronization. It supports several different servers, including Dropbox. This video tutorial describes how to synchronize files between Microsoft SharePoint document library and Dropbox in three easy steps and just under 2 minutes. Click below to watch Video: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/sharepoint-components/aspose.network-for-sharepoint/synchronize-files-in-sharepoint-document-library-with-dropbox.html
Migration Tip – Wrapping text in cells in Aspose.Cells for .NET and VSTO
Sometimes, the text entered into a cell is longer than the cell is wide. Making the cell wider affects the entire column, so often the best solution is to wrap the text in the cell, automatically making the cell tall enough to contain all the text. In a .NET environment, you can do this using VSTO, or you can do it using Aspose.Cells. Read the migration tip at: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2011/06/01/aspose-newsletter-june-2011.html
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, June 2011 edition
Collect the English version of this newsletter: http://www.aspose.com/blogs/aspose-business/customer-newsletters/archive/2011/06/01/aspose-newsletter-june-2011.html
Keep in Touch
There are several ways for you to keep in touch with us. The monthly newsletter is a way for us to keep in touch with you, but we are always interested in hearing from you.
- Post a question on our forums: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/default.aspx
- Connect with us on Facebook.: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aspose/21217093093
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts