Preserve Table Styles in Conversion between DOC, DOCX & WML Files
(May 13 2011 - 12:22:18 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET (10.0.0) has been released. This release is important because it delivers several important features; some have been in development for long time. But the most important milestone of this release is that from now on we will be releasing Aspose.Words for .NET and Aspose.Words for Java on the same day with the same set of features and fixes in both products. Some important issues addressed in this release are Support for table styles in DOC, Aspose.Words now preserves Office Math formulas and equations during DOCX roundtrips, Custom XML support, Add support for Word 2007 content controls and many more. Before today Aspose.Words supported table styles in DOCX and WordprocessingML formats during roundtrips and conversions. When converting to other formats table styles were converted to direct formatting, that preserved visual fidelity, but the table styles themselves were lost. Now we added support of tables styles in DOC documents. This means that conversions between DOC, DOCX and WML will preserve table styles. Starting from this release Aspose.Words supports Custom XML in all Microsoft Word document formats DOC, DOCX, RTF and WordML 2003. Custom XML elements and attributes are preserved during conversions and programmatically accessible from the Aspose.Words public API. The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
• Table Styles are supported in DOC documents.
• Office Math Markup Language (OMML) formulas are preserved during DOCX roundtrips.
• Custom XML is supported in WordprocessingML 2003 documents.
• More fidelity when rendering DrawingML objects.
• Change BuiltInDocumentProperties.TotalEditingTime to int
• Add support for Word 2007 content controls to the model
• Make it possible to specify “Default Text” of text input form field.
• Implement calculation of list label in the model
• Consider adding LoadFormat.Docm.
• Support Custom XML in WordML
• Add a title to the SWF viewer in the local and site demos
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How-to: Extract or Remove Comments: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-extract-or-remove-comments.html
- Controlling How Page Numbering is handled: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/controlling-how-page-numbering-is-handled.html
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Features overview for Aspose.Words for .NET : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/feature-overview.html
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for .NET : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/index.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066