Create PDF with Access Permissions (No Copy, Print) & PDF Encryption
(Feb 15 2011 - 01:14:42 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET (9.7.0) has been released. There are impressive 75 improvements and fixes included in this release. Some important issues addressed in this release are creation of PDF documents with access permissions, documents that contained DrawingML Charts and saved to DOCX by Aspose.Words failed to open in Microsoft Word, creation of encrypted PDF documents, when converting to PDF, Output list labels to TXT format and many other important issues. The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
• Table resized during DOC save is successfully resolved.
• Support PDF document encryption
• Output list labels to RTF
• Support color definitions in DrawingML
• Support basic fills in DML rendering
• Output list labels to WML and DOCX
• Some documents that contained DrawingML Charts and saved to DOCX by Aspose.Words failed to open in Microsoft Word is resolved now.
• Layout of adjacent tables in a document added extra space between tables when converting to PDF is successfully resolved now.
• Output list labels to TXT format.
• TextBox disappears after MailMerge is resolved.
• Supported creation of PDF documents with access permissions (no copy, no printing etc), use PdfSaveOptions.EncryptionDetails.
• Supported creation of encrypted PDF documents, use PdfSaveOptions.EncryptionDetails.
• Support creation of read-only PDFs, and specify other Document Privileges
• Image is lost upon loading the document issue is resolved now.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How-to: Mail Merge from XML using DataSet: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-mail-merge-from-xml-using-dataset.html
- How-to: Load and Save a Document to Database: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-load-and-save-a-document-to-database.html
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Features overview for Aspose.Words for .NET : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/feature-overview.html
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for .NET : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/index.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066