Render Individual Shapes to Images & Text Wrapping Around Shapes
(Jan 26 2011 - 12:27:31 AM
) - [print blog
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET (9.6.0) has been released. There are impressive 156 issues/features addressed in this release. Text wrapping around shapes is supported quite well now when exporting to PDF, XPS and printing. Also most notably ADDRESSBLOCK and GREETINGLINE fields are now fully functional during Aspose.Words mail merge. Using the new ShapeRenderer class users can convert any shape from a Microsoft Word document into a raster or metafile image or render to a .NET Graphics object to their liking. Aspose.Words can render any document into SWF format. The resulting SWF contains the document pages and an embedded document viewer. Footnotes with custom reference marks are now fully supported in DOC, DOCX, WML, ODT. Partially supported in RTF (only first character of the custom reference mark). The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
• Change code and text of the How to Mail Merge from XML using XmlReader
• Add support for DIVs within lists
• Support for text wrapping around
• Support ADDRESSBLOCK and GREETINGLINE fields during mail merge
• Color of WordArt object is changed after open/save ODT document.
• Line numbering is lost after open/save ODT document
• More Field Types are Updated
• Support rendering of shapes (separately from all document)
• Flashy New Features and UI for Aspose.Words SWF Export
• Footnotes with Custom Reference Marks are Supported
• Brightened & Contrast image option is ignored upon rendering and converting to PDF.
• Render shape guides in DrawingML
• Render preset DrawingML geometry
• SWF Viewer zoom control needs to display the zoom % value
• SWF Viewer select and copy text
• SWF Viewer use the new UI design from XAHA
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- New viewer UI for output to SWF Flash online demos: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/csharp/general/dinner-invitation.aspx
- How-to: Produce Multiple Documents during Mail Merge: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-produce-multiple-documents-during-mail-merge.html
- How-to: Replace or Modify Hyperlinks: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-replace-or-modify-hyperlinks.html
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/default.aspx
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.words/default.aspx
- Features overview for Aspose.Words for .NET : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/feature-overview.html
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for .NET : http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/index.html
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for .NET Forum: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.words-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066