Export Encrypted PDF Files & Auto-Filters Support for Excel Files
(Oct 28 2010 - 02:12:03 AM
) - [print blog
What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 5.1.4 has been released. It includes support for encrypting the PDF documents and allows users to import/export Excel files with Auto-Filters. Moreover a large number of valuable functions/formulas are also supported in this release. This release includes plenty of new and improved features as listed below
• Supports exporting encrypted PDF files.
• Supports importing/exporting auto-filters in Excel files.
• Enhances the performance of saving PDF files.
• Supports clicking column header to select entire column, clicking top-left corner to select entire sheet’s cells similar to MS Excel’s behavior.
• Provides support for iterative calculations.
• Supports named ranges.
• Allows obtaining data field name at client side.
• Includes printing feature at client side.
• Allows undoing changes by code.
• Supports undoing changes of comments.
• Provides support to set visibilities of comments.
• Supports to set indent (style) while formatting cells.
• Imports or exports pictures of Excel files.
• Obsolete: NumberType, Custom and IsLocked properties of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.Data.WebCell are obsolete. These properties are now added to Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.TableItemStyle.
• Obsolete: Style attribute of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.Data.WebCell is obsolete. The recommended alternatives are using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.Data.WebCell.GetStyle() and Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.Data.WebCell.SetStyle() methods.
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Binding a Worksheet with Database Using Worksheets Designer in VS.Net 2005: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/binding-a-worksheet-with-database-using-worksheets-designer-in-vs-net-2005.html
- Dynamically Generate Formatted Excel Reports with an Elegant Graph: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/dynamically-generate-formatted-excel-reports-with-an-elegant-graph-1.html
Overview: Aspose.Cells for .NET
Aspose.Cells is a .NET component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. It supports robust formula calculation engine, pivot tables, VBA, workbook encryption, named ranges, spreadsheet formatting, drawing objects like images, OLE objects and importing or creating charts. You can also create Excel file using designer spreadsheet, smart marker or API and apply formulae and functions. It supports CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007.
More about Aspose.Cells for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/categories/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx
- Download Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/default.aspx
- Product Overview for Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/product-overview.html
- Online documentation of Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/index.html
- Demos of Aspose.Cells for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/demos/.net-components/aspose.cells/default.aspx
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Cells for .NET Forum:
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Cells for .NET blog: http://www.aspose.com/community/blogs/aspose.cells-product-family/default.aspx
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066